Unable to send more than 500 emails in Email Campaigns

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 20:52

Unable to send more than 500 emails in Email Campaigns

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Sep-2012 00:00

Hello,

I have Sitefinity 5 installed and I'm trying to send email campaigns. But when I send and email campaign with more than 500 emails it just sent less than 500 emails.

For example if I created an email campaign with 1 thousand emails just 500 hundred or less are sent and the other 500 emails are lost. Does anybody knows why this happens?

My email server log only registry 500 emails never the 1,000 emails that supposedly sitefinity sent. Also event viewer doesn't show any error.

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Sep-2012 00:00

Hi,

I suspect that there is some limitation in your SMTP server. We've been testing sending email campaigns with more than 200 000 subscribers without any problems. Can you please verify if using smtp4dev SMTP server for example produces the same results, and let us know.

Thank you for your kind cooperation.

Greetings,
Veronica Milcheva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Sep-2012 00:00

Thanks Veronica,

You were right there was a limitation in our SMTP Server. After modifying it we were able to receive all the emails. But we still have the issue when we configure sitefinity to use Amazon SES (Simple Email Service).

Our SMTP Server is being used only for testing development environment but for production we use Amazon, and we still have the problem. One thousand emails sent and only less than 500 received and the other 500 lost. Also we notice that when we sent an email campaign in production using Amazon SES, reports option of the email campaign doesn't show any statistic. Opened, Bounced, Unopened, etc. shown 0.

Do you know if there is known issues between using sitefinity with Amazon SES? or maybe a special configuration?

Thanks again for your quick response.

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Sep-2012 00:00

Hello,

Unfortunately we haven't received a similar issue before for email campaigns in cooperation with Amazon SES (Simple Email Service). Please note that Sitefinity is not responsible for limitations in SMTP servers that will cause unexpected and unwanted results in the statistics and deliveries.

I understand that the site is in production but I will strongly recommend you to change your SMTP server.

All the best,
Veronica Milcheva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Sep-2012 00:00

Thank you for your help.

We have manage a workaround for this issue.

We installed IIS 6 Management Compatibility, Tools, Console, etc. and configured its Virtual SMTP Server to work with Amazon SES configuration, and inside Sitefinity, SMTP Settings were configured to use port 25 and localhost as host. With this configuration we manage to sent all the emails we want and retrieve information for the statistics.

Hope this can help any one else.

P.D. This is the link we used as a reference: blog.siliconvalve.com/.../

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Sep-2012 00:00

Hi,

Thank you for the info provided.

I am glad that you found a solution for the issue.

Please let me know if we can help you with anything else.

All the best,
Veronica Milcheva
the Telerik team

This thread is closed