Need help : Please explain how to get the SF Caching properl

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 12:28

Need help : Please explain how to get the SF Caching properly configured!

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Sep-2012 00:00

Hi guys.
Could someone either point me to a page or document that explains in details the caching mechanism in Sitefinity 5.1, or take the time to explain how to properly configure it?

We have an issue where our site got public this week, and we enabled caching on our prod box.  The Caching options were the OOTB ones : both server and client caches were using the standard configuration.
We had an news release posted, and of course, it did not show up!  We had to play around IIS and Sitefinity config, and eventually recycled IIS to make the announcement show up.  Of course, this is not an acceptable way of publishing a news release.
We also had some caching issues on pages/widgets where some dynamic content kept reloading the old value after page refresh.
There is a real good reason for caching data, but it should not interfere with dynamic data.
Please help! :)
Olivier

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Oct-2012 00:00

Hello,

You can open Administration > Settings > Advanced > System > Output Cache Settings and check which profiles are used and view them defined in the same section (there is a description on the settings). Furthermore, would in be possible for you to review the following article of our Sitefinity documentation, which describes how to configure cache in Sitefinity? If you still have problems with pages you can modify their cache settings and decrease the time to stay in the cache. You can do this by selecting the Actions menu for a particular page in the grid and select "Title & Properties". There you will find caching options and if you prefer you can select different caching strategy or even turn it off.

Kind regards,
Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Oct-2012 00:00

Thanks Stefani for the answer.
Unfortunately, the page you directed me for information on the Caching mechanism is not that great - it does not give much information.
I ended up disabling the caching directly in my code for my widget by adding this :

protected override void OnInit(EventArgs e)
    this.Context.Response.DisableKernelCache();
    this.Context.Response.Cache.SetCacheability(System.Web.HttpCacheability.NoCache);
    base.OnInit(e);

This thread is closed