Extra space above content when layouts are used

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 00:05

Extra space above content when layouts are used

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Oct-2012 00:00

I have several pages in a 5.1 project where I'm using a layout to create 2 or more columns. I've noticed in Firefox (v15) that extra padding is getting added to the top of of the column were as in Internet Explorer (v9) there is no extra padding. I've searched through the forums and found a couple of older posts that suggest adding the following to my stylesheet to override the defaults but this has not helped. You can see the behavior in the attached screenshot of both Firefox and Internet explorer.

Can someone help? This is a huge problem.

.sf_cols
  content:none !important;
  display: block !important;

I haven't come across this problem. But maybe the below may help.
In your css, do you apply a reset style sheet of some sort? (To help even out browser default settings)
Another setting I use is box-sizing: border-box; (Look them up to see if you want to use it or not)

Note: Don't use * box-sizing: border-box;    It ruins the layout of the sitefinity widget panel when editing pages. You need to apply it at a lower level say
.mainbodycontainer * box-sizing: border-box;
And though * is not a recommended selector of choice it is much shorter than writing out every element and when it comes to performance unless used extensively you would struggle to record the hit.

Yes, I'm using resets but this did not fix the problem. I also tried creating a test project and dropped a 50/50 layout on a page with content controls but I couldn't duplicate the issue. I removed my stylesheet entirely and the padding is still present. Not sure what else to try.

Jeff,

Shot in the dark here but it could be coming from some extra margin-top on the "MORE ABOUT" h2. If that's not the case, is it publicly accessible? If you've got a link, I'd be willing to take a peek.

I've checked all the elements and the div with class sf_cols is the only control with the padding. And no, unfortunately it's not publicly available.

Controversy over her husband's financial dealings is nothing new to McCaskill. The first-term Democrat faced similar charges in a campaign for governor in 2004 and in her successful Senate campaign in 2006. In the 2004 gubernatorial primary, Democratic Gov. Bob Holden ran an ad accusing Shepard of running dangerous nursing homes that helped finance McCaskill's campaign. In the 2006 Senate race, Republican Sen. Jim Talent accused Shepard and McCaskill of using an insurance company based in the Bahamas as a tax shelter, a charge they denied.

Arizona Cardinals vs St Louis Rams live stream St Louis Rams vs Arizona Cardinals live stream Cardinals vs Rams live stream Rams vs Cardinals live stream Arkansas State vs Florida International live stream East Carolina vs UCF live stream USC vs Utah live stream republican presidential debate live stream presidential debate live stream Cardinals vs Rams live stream watch The Big Bang Theory Season 6 Episode 2 online watch Grey's Anatomy Season 9 Episode 2 online watch Glee Season 4 Episode 4 online watch The X Factor (US) Season 2 Episode 8 online watch The Office Season 9 Episode 3 online watch Two And A Half Men Season 10 Episode 2 online watch Hollywood Heights Season 1 Episode 79 online watch Jersey Shore Season 6 Episode 1 online watch Jersey Shore Season 6 Episode 2 online watch Marvel's The Avengers online watch The Dark Knight Rises online watch Resident Evil: Retribution online watch The Expendables 2 online watch Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted online watch Mother and Child online watch Taken 2 online watch Brave online watch 2016: Obama's America online watch The Hunger Games online watch The Bourne Legacy online watch Avatar online watch Ice Age: Continental Drift online watch Titanic online watch Total Recall online watch The Amazing Spider-Man online watch Finding Nemo online watch Ted online watch The Master online watch The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, Part 2 online watch John Carter online watch Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II online watch Dark Shadows online watch Prometheus online watch Step Up Revolution online watch Paranormal Activity 4 online watch Glee: The 3D Concert Movie online watch Snow White and the Huntsman online watch The Wolverine online watch Paranormal Activity 3 online watch The Tree of Life online watch The Dark Knight online watch The Possession online watch Skyfall online watch Fast Six online watch The Lion King online watch The Cabin in the Woods online watch Iron Man 3 online watch 17 filles online watch Argo online

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Oct-2012 00:00

...have you tried Firebug?  Firefox debugger looks snazzy, but nowhere near firebug

I dont see this here on my instance (or any of them)

This thread is closed