Site navigation - RadTreeView as RadPanelBar

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 16:01

Site navigation - RadTreeView as RadPanelBar

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Oct-2012 00:00

Afternoon all

The Aim: To create a Vertical navigation menu with expandable/collapsible sections.

I'm trying to 'fake' a radpanelbar' navigation by using the tree navigation widget.

By this I mean I am implementing the Tree, vertical with sub levels, navigation widget but display it so it appears as  a rad panel i.e. gives expandable/collapsing panels.

As such, I've headed down the following route:

http://www.telerik.com/support/kb/aspnet-ajax/treeview/radtreeview-as-radpanelbar.aspx

So now it looks like a rad panel (ish). however, there are no options, that I can see where I can change the events of the treeview: 

OnClientNodeExpanded
="nodeChanged" OnClientNodeCollapsed="nodeChanged"

If someone can point me in the right direction or offer another solution, that'd be grand. 

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Oct-2012 00:00

Hey Richard,

Are you trying to build a 'fake' one? Or actual use the real one?

The real PanelBar, with all its functionality is already in Sitefinity. If you go to administration >> Settings >> Advanced >> Toolboxes >> PageControls >> Sections >> RadControls and check the 'Enabled' box, you'll find it in your Page Editor toolbox.

If you want a fake one, why not just render out the menu structure in a <ul><li> form and apply some KendoUI Panelbar magic to it?

Jochem

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Oct-2012 00:00

Dear Richard
I use RadPanelbar as Jochem suggested.

This link shows you how you can use the SitefinitySiteMap Provider if you want to use it as a seondary navigation for example: http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity/general-discussions/menu-question.aspx

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Aug-2013 00:00

Holy cow... after nearly nine months of using Sitefinity and struggling with hand-coding custom controls that incorporate RadControls, I just now found this post and the "enable RadControls" option for the standard toolbox.

Two questions:
- Did I miss some blatant documentation in setting up a site that suggests enabling this right away?
- Why oh why is this disabled out of the box? (I'm using version 5.2.) Who wouldn't want these controls available?

Thanks,
Kevin

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Aug-2013 00:00

Hi Kevin,

Telerik's RadControls is an option, so if you want you can show the controls or hide them. Most of the controls cannot be used directly for complex operations, because you need to wrap them in a user or custom control. Therefore this option is not enabled by defualt.

Regards,

Ivan D.Dimitrov
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed