Convert Custom Website to Sitefinity 5 Web application

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 13:01

Convert Custom Website to Sitefinity 5 Web application

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Oct-2012 00:00

Hi,

I do have one website (custom cms with ecommerce module). I would like to upgrade it to sitefinity 5 web application. I would like to use most of the modules as it is without changing things much.

Does sitefinity support pages with code-behind file and class file residing in App_code folder or class file has to be moved in App_Custom folder only?

Any resource/guideline would be appreciated.

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Oct-2012 00:00

I am wondering that nobody has an idea how to do it or how it can be done?

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Oct-2012 00:00

Hi,

Sitefinity pages support code behind. From  Title and Properties of the page there is a field:http://screencast.com/t/82VlayR7G there you can enter the codebehind of any webform in your project.

Regarding the content most of it should be able to be migrated using the API found in the documentation:Documentation

Kind regards,
Atanas Valchev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Oct-2012 00:00

Thanks Atanas Valchev.

Yes, I do understand that we can define codebehind as shown in the image you posted. But then we've to copy paste the existing page markup through editor and does editor allow to post markup with Asp.net controls?

As you said, I mentioned codebehind file and it resides in which assembly (Tessitura.Client.Calendar, SitefinityWebApp.dll) but it is not working and giving me error.

I doubt how it would reference the controls?

There's not enough info about Migration from custom CMS to SiteFinity or am I missing something?

Once again thanks for your invaluable time. :)

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Mar-2013 00:00

Hi Nilesh,

I am Cathy from Soft Alliance Technology. I have gone through your posting. We have highly skilled SITEFINITY expert to help you.

If you are interested you can reach me via my mail sat.cathy@gmail.com

Thanks & Regards,

Cathy

This thread is closed