Search within forums new sitefinity.com

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 13:07

Search within forums new sitefinity.com

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Oct-2012 00:00

Just wondering if I am blind. How does one search a specific forum like 'General Discussion' for example.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Oct-2012 00:00

@Telerik

This is important. Am I missing this or is this missing. If it is missing, will we get it back (soon).

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Oct-2012 00:00

Came here to ask the same question.  I like the design but I just want to search the forums not the whole site.  Please let us know.

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Oct-2012 00:00

I think it's broken.  Even if you click on a link in a search result, you come back to the forums home page. 

yet more frustration, the last thing I need. 

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Oct-2012 00:00

Definitely broken.  And slow.

If you search and try to follow a result from before the change, you get to the forum home page.  Not a 404 or anything logical.  And since the URL doesn't change, there's not much of a clue as to what went wrong.  When I examine the URLs, I see this:

Result URL from search:
www.sitefinity.com/.../divided-navigaion-startingnodeoffset.aspx
Result  URL should be:
www.sitefinity.com/.../divided-navigaion-startingnodeoffset

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Oct-2012 00:00

This is so annoying. I can't believe we're now being forced to sift through results from the entire site. I use the forums all the time and for me, this is just broken. I cannot get the results I'm used to getting when searching just the forums. I had to use Google search to find out if anyone else was bitching about it. Now I find that that I get better results using Google than using the new search. Not allowing us to just search the forums is just nuts.

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Oct-2012 00:00

Here is way to get around this issue for the time being.  Just go to Google.com and enter

site:<domain-name><path> <search-query>

As an example, to search the devnet forums just do the following in a Google search box.

site:sitefinity.com/devnet/forums "test search"

I have also provided a link below that shows this example.

www.google.com/search

This thread is closed