Will old forums links work in the future again

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 17:15

Will old forums links work in the future again

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Oct-2012 00:00

Links like this

http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-4-x/bugs-issues-/javascript-optimization.aspx

Don't work anymore. Grrrhhh.

Are you working on it so we can use all the search results on google again?

Markus

Hello Markus,

Thanks for reporting this problem. We are working on it and the links must soon be OK.
I apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,
Svetoslav Petsov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

I'm sure you understand the importance of this, Telerik, but want to put a vote behind Markus.

Just a hint in the meantime:

If you take the original link, and strip out the "sitefinity-4-x" and ".aspx from the link, you can still get to the posting. Some of the forums' names (eg "sdk" now "sitefinity-sdk") have also changed. Need to change these appropriately in url.

eg:
www.sitefinity.com/.../unknown-method-getscope-of-openaccessdataprovider.aspx

becomes:
www.sitefinity.com/.../unknown-method-getscope-of-openaccessdataprovider

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Oct-2012 00:00

Many, if not all, of the forum names also have a silly little hyphen at the end.  So, it's not:

blahblah/developing-with-sitefinity/Blah

but rather
-------------------------------------------------v
blahblah/developing-with-sitefinity-/Blah

And while I'm complaining, I have to say the javascript activity when responding to a forum post is a PITA.  Something keeps trying to take the focus away, so if I get a security prompt about pasting from the clipboard, the focus is immediately yanked back to the text input box, and I then have to reach over to the mouse to click the "enable" button on the modal dialog.

This is not an improvement.

Mike

Hi guys,

The old links to the threads should be fine now. If you see any other broken links in the forums, please do not hesitate to report them.

Greetings,
Svetoslav Petsov,
The Telerik Team

Dear Svetoslav

Seems you registered only today and already bringing good news :-)

1 down 6 to go: www.sitefinity.com/.../new-sitefinity-com-forum

Hope to see the rest soon too.

Markus

This thread is closed