Sitefinity Website Changes...where is half the stuff?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 14:51

Sitefinity Website Changes...where is half the stuff?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Oct-2012 00:00

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right place for it but I am having issues getting around the Telerik Sitefinity product site now.

It's obvious a number of changes are taking place visually which is great however I can't find stuff like the Documentation or this Forum, I had to go google a link!  The links are simply not there on the Sitefinity pages or the Resources page (where I would expect them to be previously).

Also the SDK Browser doesn't work properly, getting a 404 error on start up.

And finally Licensing...I can't find the licensing page anymore...so I can't download the license file and hence can't install the SDK samples...

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Oct-2012 00:00

Bad Bad!!!!

The site works only when tracking is allowed. Bad example of of website

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Oct-2012 00:00

There's a link next to the search bar, on the left, that says Developer Network. That's the only way I've found to get to the forums. Haven't found anything on the traditional navigation bar.

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Oct-2012 00:00

I have noticed some similar issues across sitefinity.com and I hope they are fixed soon.  Below are the issues I have encountered.

First, I have one community license that I use for a blog site and I cannot find anywhere where this displays in my account settings.  The only reason I even noticed it was because a friend said he was having an issue with community license an did not know where to go and set the domain name.

Second, I have set my avatar on my profile to pull my gravatar.  Some pages seem to show my avatar from my profile and others do not show it at all such as the forums pages.  This is minor but annoying.

Third, there seems to be no search that is specific to the forums on Sitefinity devnet.  The old site had this but this is a MUST on the NEW sitefinity.com if it is to stay successful.  I did find a short term workaround for this search issue below, but if Telerik is listening, please get this fixed right away.

HOW TO SEARCH THE SITEFINITY DEVNET FORUMS WITH GOOGLE?

Here is way to get around this issue for the time being.  Just go to Google.com and enter 

site:<domain-name><path> <search-query>

As an example, to search the devnet forums just do the following in a Google search box.

site:sitefinity.com/devnet/forums "test search"

I have also provided a link below that shows this example.

www.google.com/search

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Oct-2012 00:00

I wholeheartedly agree with your third issue!  I hate that you cannot search a specific forum now!  Telerik, please fix this on all of your sites!
Thanks,
Donna

This thread is closed