Creating newsletters

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 15:44

Creating newsletters

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Oct-2012 00:00

Hello,

I've been trying to use the new newsletter module. The problem I'm getting is that I can't seem to get all the correct styling to show up in the email. On the backend of Sitefinity everything looks like it should, however in the mail itself it's completly messed up.

I've included the HTML in a screenshot (see HTML.PNG).
My CSS is included in an external file, and included with the basic <link> tag.
How it looks in the backend of Sitefinity (see Backend.png).
And my final result in outlook (see Outlook.png).

If I take a look at the source of the email, I can see that Sitefinity didn't turn my div's into tables but they do get all the styling that is added on the external stylesheet. Perhaps this is the problem?

(quote from previous sneak preview (v5.1):
This gives you the power of using already existing widgets and content
in the system while Sitefinity is converting all div layouts into
tables, so that they can be properly interpreted by the majority of web
clients.
)

Is there a specific way my stylesheet / HTML should be made? I've used floats to get some elements next to eachother, could this cause any problems? Or is there a setting I'm missing?

Thanks,
Rick.

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Oct-2012 00:00

What version of Sitefinity are you using?

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Oct-2012 00:00

Sorry, missed that information.

I'm using v5.1.3270.

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Oct-2012 00:00

Ah just noticed this thread, I also created a thread about newsletters, sorry for the repeat all :(

But anyway same basic question here, how is the HTML/CSS/Master file supposed to be put together so that Sitefinity's template and widget system can be used, and the email will be friendly to email clients? I can't find documentation on creating newsletter templates.

This thread is closed