Another couple forum Bugs

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 12:46

Another couple forum Bugs

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Oct-2012 00:00

1) No RadEditor tool to insert a link, only UnLink
2)  ...you have paging on...we've never had paging before so it's unexpected, and the pager is so far below the fold (and small) its not at all noticeable. Example: www.sitefinity.com/.../trouble-including-jquery

Steve

3) Reply with adding attachments overlays the editor and you can't type (at least in FF)

screencast.com/.../eohje1bbYE3H

The forum is driving me up the wall... it's a total nightmare at the moment.

No search, no notifications, editor that overlays the page (making it impossible to re-check the content of the last post you are replying to), bugs in the editor (the crazy scrolling lines), disappearing authentication cookie, forcing me to log-on again every time I visit the site...  I even hate the minimalist (webkit-only?) scroll-bars... but that's a personal preference thing (don't f* with the chrome).

I certainly understand the desirability of moving Sitefinity.com onto the current version, but this site is quite simply not a function replacement of the previous, and should never have gone live like this.

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Oct-2012 00:00

@MB
  Agreed, seems like a bit more testing before fullout launch since a lot of us rely heavily on the forums.

HOWEVER...this now means they're publicly dogfooding sitefinity, so perhaps the issues we're encountering, they'll now encounter and more actively work to fix.

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Oct-2012 00:00

@steve
You know you can choke on dog food, but I agree it might help that they have to take some of there own medicine.

More testing, that must be the understatement of the year. The really are saying that 5.3 will be a PITS release. I really think they have enough to fix and polish up to 5.5. 

We will see. 

Markus

This thread is closed