Is email notification supported for the Forms module in Site

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 16:51

Is email notification supported for the Forms module in Sitefinity 5.1.3450?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Oct-2012 00:00

I see an action "Subscribe" in the Actions menu.  Is this a way to setup email notification for the Forms module?  If email notification is not supported for Forms in Sitefinity 5, are there alternatives?  What is everyone else doing?

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Oct-2012 00:00

I answered my own question by looking in Administration | Settings | Advanced | Forms
There is an option to enable notifications which was unchecked previously.  It is still necessary to subscrbe to the forms themselves of course, via Content | Forms

Silly me....

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Oct-2012 00:00

Hello,

Yes they do. I will just post a link to the documentation for how to configure it, in case other users face the same problem:Setup email notification for form responses

Regards,
Atanas Valchev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Nov-2012 00:00

After carefully following the steps in the documentation to set this up I get no notification.  No errors are logged to the log file.  How do I debug or test this?  What else can I provide to further describe this problem?

Edit - this was an issue with the SMTP server, it was configured properly but wouldn't email to the test account since it was on another domain.  This feature is working perfectly for us.

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Nov-2012 00:00

Is there any simple way to edit the template for the email that gets sent? We can do it with code, but that's not ideal.

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Nov-2012 00:00

Hi,

You can edit the template and replace the default one. I am attaching the template and how to register it. Hope it help others who are looking to modify it.

Greetings,
Atanas Valchev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed