5.2 MSI???

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 19:56

5.2 MSI???

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Oct-2012 00:00

In previous versions, I would download an MSI of the new version of Sitefinity and when run, it would perform and upgrade, renaming folders etc. to the current version.
I wanted to install 5.2 today and I only see the project manager as a zip... which just contains a sitefinity.exe and a copy of a site.
What's up? Consistency allows for smooth upgrades. If I'm wasting time trying to locate files that are available in another location or no longer available, that is not smooth. Also, a link to the SDK used to be on the same page where you download Sitefinity. Now, I have to go to /devnet to find it and I don't even see a link on the website to get to devnet, I just happened to know it.
Can someone explain the current recommended practice for installing 5.2?

thanks in advance,
Scott

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Oct-2012 00:00

The MSI should still be there I think labeled "Evaluation Edition" and it's a single download I believe lets you install the SDK and other things from a single point?

ANYWAY...personally I always just use the project manager zip...I overwrite the previous sitefinity.exe, run it and click update on each project when it opens.

Personally I dont want the MSI going in and updating everything (and moreover making new sitefinity folders in my program files\telerik

This thread is closed