Where is my database?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 16:07

Where is my database?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Oct-2012 00:00

I have installed Sitefinity on my localhost, and have set things up with IIS. The site is located on my inetpub > wwwroot.  

I keep running into issues that require access to the database.  For example, I want to create a new page and force my News to display the full news in this new page.  Now I need my News page's MasterPageID, so I want to execute this query to get that ID:

SELECT [id]
FROM [dbo].[sf_page_node]
WHERE [title_] = 'page1'

But where is my database? How do I open my database for doing something like this or checking a table value?

Thanks,
Faramarz 

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Oct-2012 00:00

You should NEVER screw around with the DB directly, use the API to get that stuff...it's not always as straight forward you'd think (multiple modes for content, etc)

AAANYWAY...you can get the connection string like this

using Telerik.Sitefinity.Configuration;
using Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.Configuration;

Config.Get<DataConfig>().ConnectionStrings["Sitefinity"].ConnectionString

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Oct-2012 00:00

I am new in sitefinity cms5.2 . and I am getting an error in web.config
Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Http, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Oct-2012 00:00

Steve,

Thanks for your reply.  I can't agree more.  I'm not a big fan of messing with DB especially in .Net environment.  How do you get the 'MasterPageID' of a page via API?

Thanks,
Marz

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jan-2014 00:00

Dear Steve,

Hi Steve,
I am developing a website in SF3.7 and unable to connect database for login and registration purpose.
Kindly assist me how to and where perform coding like asp.net coding,css , jscriptand also unable to crate  custom news module (using thumbnail) .
Is there any sitefinity project manager required ?
You can see 
cricketauthority.com/demo_news

in this page I am unable to use thumbnail css  and javascript.Request you please help me ASAP .

if possible can you meet me on skype krathore5

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jan-2014 00:00

Hey Kaushal,
  You should know, I'm not telerik support :)

For Sitefinity 3.7 theres no project manager, thats just a 4.0+ thing.  Sitefinity 3.7 functions like a regular website project, there shouldn't be anything really different.  However that link you posted is to a sitefinity 6.2 page, not 3.7.

There's no rules to where to put your scripts\styles.  Although if you put styles in the themes global folder you'll get a nice cache buster appended automatically...but other than that like <script src='/folder/file.js'></script> would just work fine.

I recommend you contact telerik support through a ticket

Steve

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Jan-2014 00:00

Hi Steve,
Thanks a ton.

This thread is closed