Registration Widget

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 21:29

Registration Widget

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Nov-2012 00:00

I have noticed that SF 4.4 has a registration widget (beta).  Does Sitefinity 5 also have a registration widget?  If so, can the activation be set to something other than "Immediately"  or "After a confirmation"?  We have a situation where we would like new registrations to be active only upon approval of an admin.  Maybe instead of a confirmation email to the user signing up, one could go to the Admin users.  Just curious if there was anything out of the box or if this would have to be custom.  If this is to be custom, is there any good documentation on adding custom functionality / custom fields to the registration?

Thanks in advance.

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Nov-2012 00:00

Hey Ricky,

Yes the registration widget is in v5.2 and no longer 'beta', but it doesn't allow by default for any other options than 'immediately' or 'after confirmation'.

www.sitefinity.com/.../configuring-the-registration-widget

So only route to go is custom unfortunately and the easiest route without totally breaking open the system seems to be by using the 'after confirmation' option.

This will send the user a link by email, which when clicked takes them to a certain page.

Normally you'd place an 'account activation widget' there so the user becomes active, but on this page you could also build your own custom logic to 'postpone' the activation process and for instance sends an alert to an admin to manually trigger the account activation.

Not sure if anyone has implemented something similar or not, but i'm sure if you send a ticket to Telerik they'll provide you with a snippet that'll mimic the account activation.

Jochem.

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Nov-2012 00:00

Jochem,

I appreciate the quick response on this.  I like the idea of using the "after confirmation" option and then adding some custom programming to send an email to an admin of the system upon confirmation by the user.

If you don't mind, i have one other question.  We have a client that has a 4.4 site that is looking to upgrade to 5.2.   So I have downloaded a 5.2 trial to have a look.  Problem is, the upgrade path in the Sitefinity documention says to go from 4.3 or 4.4. to 5.0 then, to 5.1. 

www.sitefinity.com/.../

I don't see a way to go get 5.0.  So, i ran the upgrade from a 4.4 to a 5.2, without success.  Is there a better way to handle this upgrade?

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Nov-2012 00:00

Hey Ricky,

Apologies for the this time belated response, forum notifications you know...

You can still download older versions of Sitefinity, the link is a bit hidden on the download page but its there - in case you still need it, here's a direct link to the page:

www.telerik.com/.../olderversions.aspx
Good luck!
Jochem.

This thread is closed