Blog RSS feed omitting link element on some posts

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 13:39

Blog RSS feed omitting link element on some posts

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Nov-2012 00:00

I've noticed that the RSS feed I created for our blog does not include the link element in the XML for all items. Some have it, some don't, and I can't see any configuration difference between items that do and those that don't.

Any tips on what could be wrong here? The feed itself can be seen at www.telephonypartners.com/.../blog.

Josh

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Nov-2012 00:00

Hi Josh,

Thank you for using our services.

There are two possible configurations, which, if not set, might cause this behavior, Please verify that you have set a Page where this content is published page in your feed (screenshot1). Also, make sure that the blog, which contains the problematic blog posts, has a Default page set in the Title and properties for the blog. (screenshot2). 

Let me knoew if you need additional assistance!

Greetings,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Nov-2012 00:00

Both of those things had already been done. And to clarify, there is only one blog, so all posts come from one spot, both with and without a link. Curiously enough, a freshly-created blog will have a link, but as soon as I edit it and publish it again the link goes away.

I have a support ticket open for this issue as well.

Josh

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Nov-2012 00:00

Hello Josh,

I noticed that the links to your feeds have been fixed. I suppose you found our what was causing the problem. Please let us know if you need any further assistance! 

Regards,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Nov-2012 00:00

Yeah, I had opened a support ticket and come to find out when you upgrade, it's possible for the default page to be cleared but to still appear as if it were set. So I had to remove the default page, save, then re-apply the default page. That fixed it.

Josh

This thread is closed