Sitefinity Team Thank You Thread

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 00:49

Sitefinity Team Thank You Thread

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Nov-2012 00:00

The Sitefinity team has to take a lot of feature requests, complaints and other stuff from me. Sometimes I might forget that there are people working on Sitefinity trying to do a good job. Sometimes things don't turn out as planned or might even not work at all.

BUT, very often good work is done and nobody seems to notice and appreciate them. Some might argue that they are bugfixes and we deserve them. You are right. But the fire fighter and doctor get paid for their work as well and we still say thank you an appreciate their work.

So this is my (and if you want your) Sitefinity thank you thread. Whenever I am real happy about a fix or new feature in a release (like the pdf/doc search function) I plan to thank you here.
-
As for 5.2 SP 1 -> I am really happy that image libraries are now sorted alphabetically.
-
Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Nov-2012 00:00

5 days and 14 hours with no other "thank yous" from anyone else. that is a bad sign. anyway, here is a thank you for revising the price on the NLB add-on. was $2000 now is $1000. much better. THANK YOU!!!
------
Just noticed that the NLB will be $1000 only until 31st Dec, so I will have half of that THANK YOU back please.

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Nov-2012 00:00

Hey Sitefinity Team

Thank's for getting the forums notifications on sitefinity.com working again.

Keep on rolling :-)

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Dec-2012 00:00

Dear Team

I just used the sorting of images in a gallery again and thats a very nice feature. Also the ability to create thumbnail images is nice.

Markus

Things to improve
Show images in image library the way they are sorted
Image widget -> Show original size should be lightbox 

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Dec-2012 00:00

Yesterday I used the sorting of documents to have an order in a download table. Nice.

Really is a treat.

Markus

Improvement ideas

Have the documens shown in content - documents the way they are ordered
And let me defina aditional wiget templates as I can do on other widgets. Not only change the existing one.

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Dec-2012 00:00

Hello Markus,

Thank you for the positive feedback. The feature mentioned in the last post has been logged in PITS, you can check it out here, and vote for its popularity so it can affect its implementation planning.

Greetings,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Dec-2012 00:00

Here comes another thanks you

Did a course module today with module builder related course dates. Very nice. First time I did really use Thunder to fix the widget templates in VS. Just having 1920 pixel to work with is worth thunder.

Markus

PS: I know module builder will be multilingual in 5.3. Will we also be able to change stuff once the fields are created. Typo in description for example.

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Dec-2012 00:00

Another great feature I discovered today.

You can very easily get an thumb from a video you uploaded for the gallery.

I did see the change thumb so went to photoshop to create them. Only to find out you can take it easy online.

Markus

+ easy

Improvements
- Well the whole HTML5 Silverlight discussion
- Some might to have their own thumbs. Did not see a way to upload/use own thumbs.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Dec-2012 00:00

Hi Markus,

Thank you for the suggestions.

This functionality in our Video section connected to generate thumbnails is indeed great.

I have add a feature request in PITS regarding custom thumbnails. You could track its status and vote for its popularity on the following URL.

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Dec-2012 00:00

Small but nice feature. 

Sitefinity Liceense Manger in MyAcount show favicons in front of my licenses. Nice touch. A image says more then a thousend words and remindes me were I forgot to create one :-)

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Dec-2012 00:00

Hello Markus,

Thank you for sharing this information with us. We really appreciate it.

Happy holidays!

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Feb-2013 00:00

Dear team

1) thanks for the quick hotfix .4010 - going online tomorrow with a .4010 site :-) www.golf-winterber.ch 

2) Thanks for sorting the image libraries its one step in the right direction. 

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Feb-2013 00:00

Hi Markus,

Thank you too for reporting the problems and giving us your feedback.

Greetings,
Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 08-May-2013 00:00

Dear Sitefinity Team

Just wanted to tell you how much I love the hierarchical libraries. 

Makes working with images a whole lot easiere!

Thank's 
Makurs

@Markus. You have a lot of existing libraries...have you been able to figureout how to move the old ones under a parent?...doesn't seem possible, right?

I have just upgraded the site with lots of Images to 5.4. I usually hold of a view Versions and do it then.

But let me tell you
a) I was not looking Forward to taking the site up to 6.0 before
b) now you scare me :-)

Markus

Crap...well...I guess it can't be done :/

Was hoping you were happy b/c you re-organized everything

Posted by Community Admin on 09-May-2013 00:00

Suppose I should also thank them for all the things they have helped us with in the last year:

1. Hierarchical libraries!
2. Fixing document indexing (I think, still gotta test it...).
3. Helping to develop custom field types for images, docs, and videos for types besides custom modules.
4. Helping to get automatic publishing between systems working, as well as automatic newsletter creation on item publish working.
5. Helping to integrate a third party SSO solution into our implementation by helping navigate the authentication APIs.
6. Providing implementations to automatically make all new pages have RequireSSL checked.
7. Helping create a custom search widget that allows for filtering of items by tags.
8. Providing help with getting an HTML5 JWPlayer based video widget together and running.
9. Providing information and insight in getting a continuous integration solution in place that would work with deployment for Sitefinity.
10. Listening to all of our requests and providing support without question, even when we might get snippy due to pressure from deadlines, etc., and being more understanding than the vast majority of support teams I have ever dealt with.

Thanks again guys, and keep up the good work.

Posted by Community Admin on 13-May-2013 00:00

Hi,

Your feedback is always appreciated, thank you! 

All the best,
Atanas Valchev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Dec-2013 00:00

Well I just wanted to say thanks that we do not get mails to our own replys anyomer.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Dec-2013 00:00

Dear Sitefnity team

Just wanted to thank you for your great support and making Sitefinity better with each release.

Looking forward to an even more polished Sitefinity in 2014.

I wish you all a merry x-mas and a happy new year.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Jan-2014 00:00

Dear Telerik team

Another big thank you. I have been using forms again for the first time since some weeks and it has improved so much.

- Captcha
- e-mails that can be defined
- and more.

So a big thanks for the improvments here.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Jan-2014 00:00

Dear Telerik Team

Changing an image title no longer adjusts the url automaitcally. This is a huge thing since clients used to get multiple images with same url. This has been a request for change since 4.0.

Thanks for making this happen.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Feb-2014 00:00

Dear Telerik Team

I just want to tell you that I have noticed a huge improvement in bug fixing since you went the Internal Hotfix Build road. I reported two errors that were both fixed within two weeks. It used to take month to get a fix on stuff.

Great if you keep it that way Support will be back were it is supposed to be and were it is with the rest of the Telerik products.

Markus

PS: If I get the one request of my many feature request done for 7.0 I will be smiling for 3 weeks :-)

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Apr-2014 00:00

Dear Sitefinity Team

Once again I want to thanks you for some stuff you make possible in 7.0

- Selecting a thumb image that can be opened in original size (new browser tab) - my clients have been waiting for this a long time.. 
- Naming Layout elements 
- Allow site search to index this page  (exclude from SF search)
- Related content for pages 

These are just some of the great new features for me and my clients.

Thanks

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Apr-2014 00:00

Hi Markus,

We thank you as well for helping us improve the experience with Sitefinity:)

- Kalina

This thread is closed