Why Sitefinity 5.2 trial version is so slow?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 09:45

Why Sitefinity 5.2 trial version is so slow?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Nov-2012 00:00

Hi,

I am currently using Sitefinity 5.2 trial version, but it takes so much time to respond. I would like to know what are the reasons for such poor performance.

If any ideas how could I do to speedup this.

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Nov-2012 00:00

Ashish
There can be so many different things. Please search this forum for relevant threads. You will find many.
1 - Set Debug=False in Web.config
2 - Give Sitefinity better resources
3 - Uninstall some of teh modules you don't need
4 - Use a faster Browser like Chrome
5 - Configure caching on the IIS
6 - Re-Index the database

the main thing to do, is find out the reason why it is slow. you can do it via Fiddler. it will give the areas where it takes the most time and then you can address that area.
Andrei

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Nov-2012 00:00

Hello Ashish,

Thanks for using Sitefinity.

What environment are you running Sitefinity 5.2 in? Are you testing it on IIS, Azure, or are you using a dev environment off VS like Cassini? If you let me know I can give you more relevant information to your problem but in the meantime here are a few resources:

Sitefinity Minimum requirements

Autostart Sitefinity & IIS

I look forward to getting more information.

Kind regards,
Patrick Dunn
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Nov-2012 00:00

Hi Ashish
It is sad to say, but do not believe all the marketing nonsense from Sitefinity. Sitefinity is an ultra-slow cms. It is obvious, just browse around http://www.sitefinity.com. You will not find anything like it on the Internet.

Sitefinity continue to create new modules and it is becoming increasingly slow and unstable. It is marketing and money men who continue to destroy a super good starting point! There are so many brilliant qualities, but it is far from good enough.
Our customers are daily despair at how slow and buggy Sitefinity still after 2 years on market! Sitefinity promises all the time that they will optimize the system, but marketing is forcing them obviously to continue to invent new modules that do not work properly.
And now invite Sitefinity to a new webinar titled "Is your CMS Holding You Back?". Yes Sitefinity wasting my time daily with errors and calls from our unhappy customers!

/Peter

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Nov-2012 00:00

I second that, we've hade a Sitefinity license for 2 years, and we are still not in production, because of all the problems with Sitefinity.

/K1

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Nov-2012 00:00

Hi,

@Peter @ Keivan

What kind of problems are you guys experiencing? If you list them out here I'm sure we can go over them and give proper solutions.

I look forward to your responses.

Kind regards,
Patrick Dunn
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed