Possible to modify Google analytics script code?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 15:07

Possible to modify Google analytics script code?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Nov-2012 00:00

I noticed that the analytics code Sitefinity outputs is the old, non-async code. Is it possible to change this to the new analytics code format?

Josh

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Nov-2012 00:00

Hello Josh,

If you mean the tracking code used to send data to Google, Sitefinity usually inserts that into a page using the Google Analytics widget. The widget however, does not have a hardcoded version of the code, but rather provides UI where you can paste it. Just find where is the widget in your project (Template or page) and modify the code in its settings. More info about the widget is available here:
http://www.sitefinity.com/documentation/documentationarticles/user-guide/widgets/scripts-and-styles-widgets-group/configuring-the-google-analytics-widget

Regards,
Slavo
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Nov-2012 00:00

Ok, sorry about that. I was looking in the Analytics dashboard -> settings and going off of that code. It's been so long since I set up the analytics I forgot it could be modified on the widget.

Josh

This thread is closed