SiteFinity 5.1 Community Edition returns an error on first e

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 00:14

SiteFinity 5.1 Community Edition returns an error on first ever use!

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Nov-2012 00:00

For the first time today I started using SiteFinity 5.1.327 (Community Edition) on a 64-bit Windows 7 machine; so far I cannot even get the default web-site up and running.  In the Project Manager window I select "Create a New Project" and choose an IIS-based web-site on my local machine that connects to a remote SQL Server Database.  If I then attempt to administer the site, it crashes out after about 20 minutes with a time-out error, although the SiteFinity database appears on the remote server (just tables, no views or stored procedures).  If I then go to localhost/.../Startup I see the following message:

The system is restarting...
Please wait a few seconds. You will be redirected automatically.

and the browser (Firefox) gets stuck in an infinite loop.

What am I doing wrong?  I installed it back in August with the default settings and everything looked OK.  Is it really this difficult to use?

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Nov-2012 00:00

Hello Ed,

The problems that you are encountering may be coming from a number of different areas, but it is most likely that the remote SQL server might be causing the issues ( due to connection issues ) .

In order to diagnose the issues, can you try to create a new project again on IIS ( and configure it according to our documentation :

http://www.sitefinity.com/blogs/joshmorales/posts/josh-morales-blog/2011/02/22/installing_sitefinity_4_on_iis_7

http://www.sitefinity.com/documentation/documentationarticles/installation-and-administration-guide/install-sitefinity/configuring-the-iis-to-host-sitefinity-projects

and choose SQLExpress or a local Server instance.

Kind regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed