Upgrade from 4.4 to 5.1 - Forums not loading

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 16:15

Upgrade from 4.4 to 5.1 - Forums not loading

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Nov-2012 00:00

I upgraded our system from 4.4 to 5.1 and when I'm on the backend, I see the attached image. 

Where does Sitefinity load these items? I've tried going to localhost:60877/.../forums but I get a 404 error.

Is there a place in the database where this is stored that might not have been updated? The only file I see in the entire project that contains the word "forum" is the App_Data\Sitefinity\Configuration\ForumsConfig.config file. The contents are below:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<forumsConfig xmlns:config="urn:telerik:sitefinity:configuration" xmlns:type="urn:telerik:sitefinity:configuration:type" config:version="5.1.3450.0">
    <notifications newPostNotificationTemplateId="2749c96b-6fe0-4796-828c-086d4fc928dd" newThreadNotificationTemplateId="f05b4fe5-752e-4fe4-b41c-69c81b73e424" />
</forumsConfig>

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Nov-2012 00:00

Hello Miles,

Try to restart the Forums module by going to Administration->Modules. Click on the Actions menu of the module and hit Deactivate,then activate it again.

You can also do this in Visual Studio, by going to App_Data folder\Sitefinity\Configurations->SystemConfig.config file. Locate the following line:

<add version="5.1.3450.0" name="Forums" />

and delete the version, so that it looks like this:

<add version="" name="Forums" />

Greetings,
Pavel Benov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed