Responsive design

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 08:07

Responsive design

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Nov-2012 00:00

Hello,

I've been reading a lot regarding sitefinity 5 about it being out-of-the box responsive design.
I, however, could not find any article which proper clarifies this.

From my point of view, it is our HTML developers who will build the templates with our custom CSS to cater for responsive.  How does Sitefinity offer in terms of out-of-the box ?  Is it specific templates ?

Thanks.

Its out of the box if it's in your SKU (pro or enterprise) or you bought the addon.  So if you have that, then you get the menu item an UI to tweak the responsive settings.

Otherwise there's nothing stropping you from creating your own creating your own media queries.

Dear Zyad

As far as I know the responsive design will work on page templates created in Sitefinity. So if your designer comes up with an .master page it will only work on layout regions addeed in Sitefinity.

Correct me Steve if I am wrong. It might be an idea to create a sandbox installation to check it out.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Nov-2012 00:00

Our main site (which works well for traditional devices) is based on a common master-page template, and uses custom layout controls (i.e. using .ascx based templates) extensively, so we are not sure how to approach the problem of extending it to support alternative device types.

I'd *really* like to be able to read a technical backgrounder on how this works all works, what it does, and what the limitations are, so I can go through the potential with my team and decide on how we can put it to use.

Can anyone direct me to such information ?

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Nov-2012 00:00

Dear MB
Did you have a look at this: tv.telerik.com/.../create-mobile-friendly-websites-in-minutes-with-responsive-design

If you don't want to watch the whole start at 25:00 Minutes

Markus

This thread is closed