Feed Scheduled Publish not running

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 18:03

Feed Scheduled Publish not running

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Nov-2012 00:00

I have a feed set up in Sitefinity 5.1. It is configured to import content from an external RSS feed and publish as News items. The feed is configured for a scheduled publish daily at 02:00, however it is not updating as scheduled. I am able to manually run the feed and it correctly imports and publishes posts from the external feed.

I have had no luck finding any documentation for the Scheduled Publish feature; the examples for creating a feed don't even mention the Scheduling options. Is this functionality just not implemented or do I need to configure something elsewhere to get it working properly?

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Dec-2012 00:00

Hi Ben,

By default you should be able to schedule items for publishing without problems. If the items are not being updated, there might be some problem with the workflow service, not being able to publish the feed data as desired content. Can you navigate to App_Data/Sitefinity/Logs and clear the contents of the folder. Then re-create / re-run the feed - I believe there might be some records of exceptions caught in the log files. You can paste the exceptions or attach the log files so we can review them.

Kind regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Dec-2012 00:00

I've recreated the feed and re-run it. There are no exceptions in the error log after doing this. As I mentioned in my original post there is no problem with the feed being imported and published as the proper content, as long as I run the feed manually. The issue is that the feed is not being imported automatically as scheduled by the Scheduled Publish fields (Daily at 02:00)

Our client does not want to have to run their feeds manually on a daily basis to keep their content up-to-date. Because the Feed configuration includes Scheduled Publishing fields I assume that there is a way to make this work.

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Dec-2012 00:00

Hello Ben,

I completely understand you. However, I have tested the behaviour of the "Schedule publication updates interval" functionality and it appears to be functioning as expected. However, I want to explain a bit more about the feature. For example if you select 5 minutes from the drop down menu of "Schedule publication updates interval" and you add a url of a web site, 5 minutes after someone updates the website you want to get the feed from, you will receive these update on your site content.

If you still encounter problems with the publishing system, I would suggest to open a support ticket in which we can discuss any possible issues that you might be encountering.

Greetings,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Dec-2012 00:00

Hi,

I also wanted to follow up with this article from our documentation, which might be helpful to you in the meantime:

www.sitefinity.com/.../creating-the-scheduled-task

Kind regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

This thread is closed