Sitefinity can handle it ?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 08:43

Sitefinity can handle it ?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Dec-2012 00:00

Hi Telerik team,

I have a new project but I don't know if Sitefinity can handle it coz it's pretty huge. I work with Sitefinity Entreprise Edition.

This intranet site had +/- 2.500 pages, +/- 10.000 documents, +/- 2.000 images, 3 languages and the difficult part +/- 260 Users administrators/Contributors on +/- 50 Roles with a total  of 2500 users registered on site.

So the question is, can he do it ?

Regards,
Nicolas

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Dec-2012 00:00

Hello,

There shouldn't be a problem for Sitefinity to work with large sites that have a lot of data. We have some clients that are working with such web site and they do not have complaints regarding Sitefinity.

However note that we have a bug logged connected to permissions. If you have more that 30 administrators, when you click Change button in the Permissions section you will receive and error: "Object, object". The only thing you need to add is the following line in your web.config file:

<system.web>
<httpRuntime maxQueryStringLength="5000" />

Note that if you have 250 administrators the maxQueryStringLength might need to be changed to a bigger number.

Please inform us if there are some problems. We will be glad to help you.

Greetings,
Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Dec-2012 00:00

Hi,

thanks for your answers, the meme is funny.

I obtains more details for this migration and it's bigger than initial plan.
- 2.700 pages
- 60.000 documents
- 2.000 images
- 300 Administrors/Contributors

Given the needs we probably make it on Sharepoint.

Regards,
Nicolas

I'd agree if you need more of a DAM...but if you want a user friendly CMS, then Sitefinity (especially the price and value-add of the free telerik tooling included)

Sharepoint is $$$$$

This company already has Sharepoint sites and needed platform. We'll probably made a better document management on it than Sitefinity especially for 60.000 documents. And they'll benefit of MS Office integration.

But we kept others sites on Sitefinity.

Yeah I agree we're missing these features atm where sharepoint would be nicer for 60k docs.

- Hierarchical Libraries
- Versioning
- Download widget templates (easier to manage)

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Dec-2012 00:00

Hello,

We have tested Sitefinity with over 8 000 pages that were not on one level and we were not encountering any problems. The only thing that you should be aware of is that if you have more than 100 pages on one level you will receive 404 errors. If you want to have more that 100 pages on one level you need to make a change in the web.config file. Basically the property that you need to add is called maxPageNodes, which allows you to have more than 100 page nodes under a single node.

For instance:

<siteMap defaultProvider="SitefinitySiteMap">
  <providers>
    <add name="SitefinitySiteMap" type="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.SitefinitySiteMap, Telerik.Sitefinity" taxonomyProvider="OpenAccessDataProvider" pageTaxonomy="Pages" rootNode="FrontendSiteMap" pageProvider="OpenAccessDataProvider" maxPageNodes ="500"/>
  </providers>
</siteMap>

Please not that there is no problem to work with 100 000+ documents in Sitefinity. The only thing that you need to do is to maintain the Sitefinity database over a certain period of time. More information could be found in the following KB article.

Greetings,
Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed