Installation and setup on Windows 8

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 03:17

Installation and setup on Windows 8

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Dec-2012 00:00

Hi guys,

I am trying to set up Sitefinity on my laptop running Windows 8 but I have an issue when I try to set up the IIS to run the web.

When I install the sitefinity which I download from this page: www.sitefinity.com/try-now it setup a default project which I can run from web server which comes with "Sitefinity Project Manager". It runs normally.

But when I start to create a project by select to setup to the IIS (which I previously created a website on IIS earlier). The setup went fine, the tables are created in the database. But when I logged-in to the ~/sitefinity and browse to "Pages" to create/edit pages. It shows the error. (see image)

I am not sure if the configuration on the IIS is missing or I need to check on anything. But it didn't happen when I do the same thing on Windows 7.

by the way, Windows 8 come with IIS version 8.

Any ideas, please let me know.

Thank you very much in advance.

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Dec-2012 00:00

Hello Nattawut,

Thanks for using Sitefinity!

Sitefinity does not yet boast full support for IIS8 or SQL 2012. However, we have instances of success. Take a look at this forum post. Namely the last post which discusses ensuring WCF is installed and enabled. It is apparently not by default. Since we use this service regularly it could be the root cause of your issues.

I hope this helps!

Regards,
Patrick Dunn
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Dec-2012 00:00

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for the information. I have found what causes the problem which in my IIS hasn't install the WCF by default.

Thank you very much and best regards,
Nattawut

This thread is closed