Sitefinity 5.3 Custom Toolset

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 16:44

Sitefinity 5.3 Custom Toolset

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Jan-2013 00:00

I have created a new toolset called 'SCANA Energy' (see screenshot 1).  I have two questions.

1.) Where in the settings to I apply this toolset?  Is it where I'm showing in screenshot 2? 

a.) If so, do I just enter 'SCANA Energy' in that field or is it more of a path?

b.) If not, can you give me the path to where I select or enter this?  e.g. Settings > Appearance > 

2.) We will be managing multiple sites under one project, is it possible to specify a custom toolset for each site?  If so, can you explain how to do this?  I'm trying to use code snippets in the content editor and they will change on a per site basis.

Thanks in advance!

Hey Matt,

You forgot the screenshots unfortunately but the process is described here:

www.sitefinity.com/.../text-editor

Attached you'll see a screenshot of where/how it is set though Administration >> Text Editor.

The documentation also describes how to attach the custom toolset by typing the 'SCANA Energy' name in the Rad Editor Custom toolset configuration key field in case it is for a certain module.

Other wise you'd do go to Admin >> Settings >> Advanced >> Appearance and then under the StandardEditorConfiguration field type the location and name of the physical file in the web directory, for instance "~/ScanaEneryToolsetFile.xml" 

Thank you! That article was very helpful.  The article uses the 'news' module as an example for modifying the toolset. I'm trying to modify the the toolset for the 'content block' module.  I cannot seem to find this under advanced settings.  I tried just the 'content' module in the settings but that didn't seem to work.  (see screenshot, that I actually attached this time :-))

Dear Matt

As far as I know you must change the Default Tool set under Admin - Basic - Text editor. At least it was that way untill some versions back. Have not checked lately.

Telerik should know the answer.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Jan-2013 00:00

Thanks guys!
Any ideas on my second question?
[quote]2.) We will be managing multiple sites under one project, is it possible to specify a custom toolset for each site?  If so, can you explain how to do this?  I'm trying to use code snippets in the content editor and they will change on a per site basis.[/quote]

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Jan-2013 00:00

Hi Matt,

Unfortunately our current implementation does not allow having per-site tool sets as they are defined in the Global settings section which applies for all websites. However, I have logged a feature request in PITS, which you can track and vote for.

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jan-2013 00:00

Thanks Victor!

This thread is closed