Please fix the forum!

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 05:39

Please fix the forum!

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jan-2013 00:00

Since December the login/forum is not working properly. 
It does not register if i read a forum post, it still shows unread in my account.
The login at the top (my account) is really strange, probably why the forum does not register properly. My name disappears and i have to click it again for it to appear.

By the way this does not happen with the telerik forums. It all works just fine there.

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jan-2013 00:00

The forum is VERY SLOW as well. It takes 10-15 seconds to display information when you click on General Discussions link for example.

Not that much information is displayed after the page is open, but it takes forewer before you see it. Maybe it's good idea to optimize forums, put indexes/ return only one page per request and so on.

It is really annoying to wait so much time for forum page to load.

Regards,

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Jan-2013 00:00

10-15 seconds MINIMUM...it's frustrating trying to browse the forums to answer questions...takes so much time to get anywhere.

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jan-2013 00:00

Hi all,

Thank you for expressing your concerns with the performance of the forums section. 

We are aware of this issue and the product team has been working very hard to optimize the performance of the forums. We are in the final stage of applying the changes and improving the performance. For this fix we will be targeting an upgrade of Sitefnity.com on 29 of January.

P.S.: all of the performance improvements in forums section will make it into Sitefinity 5.4.

Greetings,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Great to hear that!
Really nice to have fast forums both on Sitefinity.com and in Sitefinity 5.4.

Keep iterating over it, guys!

Great news. It is much needed improvment.

Regards,

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Feb-2013 00:00

Hi all,

I just want to follow up on the latest development on the issue. We have upgraded the website to utilize the improvements which will be released with 5.4. I am sure that you will notice the considerable change in performance of the forums module on www.sitefinity.com.

Also apart from the improvement in the forums performance there are general improvements in the performance of RSS feeds. Those will also make it 5.4, and currently can be observed in the forum feeds on the site.

All the best,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Feb-2013 00:00

Thanks. That is very good and important improvement. We are waiting for 5.4 release. Forum works much faster now.

Regards.

This thread is closed