Extending Subscriber Table to support additional columns

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 21:07

Extending Subscriber Table to support additional columns

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Jan-2013 00:00

I found an obscure post that directed me through using the MetadataManager.GetManager(); to add additional columns to the "Subscriber" functionality.  Below I have listed my code in a simple form demonstrating what I have done.

Through that post, and a little trial and error, i was able to successfully add the columns to the table, save them from my custom widget into the table, and retrieve the data from the subscriber table to be displayed.

My Problem is that I cannot find any documentation or instructions pointing to how to change the Email Campaigns -> Subscribers -> Edit a Subscriber template, to include my new columns.

I did find a a little information in the "www.sitefinity.com/.../developing-in-a-net-cms-should-not-be-a-chore" video around minute 38:15, but I cannot use the Visual Studio Telrick Sitefinity Explorer, Because Sitefinity is installed on a remote server, and my Visual Studio is on my Local development machine.

Can someone point me to how and where I modify this Template?

Thanks,

Len Johnson

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Jan-2013 00:00

Hello Len,

You can find the SubscriberForm.ascx in the SDK install folder\Content\Resources\WidgetTemplates.zip\Backend\Newsletters\Forms. Copy it to your project and build. Then open the project in the browser and go to Administration->Settings->Advanced->Controls->ViewMap and create a new one. 

In HostType paste this: Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Newsletters.Web.UI.Forms.SubscriberForm
In the LayoutTemplatePath write the relative path to the template

Restart the application and now your custom template should be mapped.

Greetings,

Pavel Benov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed