Deep link to advanced setting?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 22:08

Deep link to advanced setting?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jan-2013 00:00

is there a way to create a deep link to one of the advanced settings in sitefinity admin?

in sitefinity 3.x it took maybe 3 clicks to upload a new usercontrol.  now it takes like 15 clicks to get all the way in to add a control.  my site is almost exclusively custom usercontrols, so i'm doing this ALL the time, and it got old the very first time.

thanks!

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Jan-2013 00:00

Agree -  takes too long!  Suggest you do what we do, open "App_Data\Sitefinity\ToolboxesConfig.config" and manually edit.

There's no other hidden places or things to do... Just ToolboxesConfig... Takes only a few  seconds to register a UserControl using this way.

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Jan-2013 00:00

Hello Will,

Thanks for using Sitefinity.

Please look into Sitefinity Thunder. It will allow you to register custom controls in 1 click.

Regards,
Patrick Dunn
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Jan-2013 00:00

i use thunder, so that would be awesome!

i don't see the register widget icon.

i've attached screenshots of the thunder documentation vs what i see in vs2012.

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Jan-2013 00:00

Hello Will,

The register widget icon is located in the Solution Explorer. The screenshot which you gave is of the Sitefinity Explorer. You can also check this video for an example of a widget registration through Thunder.

This video and many others as well as the documentation is now available through Thunder itself. All you need to do is open Thunder Start Page from the Visual Studio menu -> Telerik -> Sitefinity Thunder -> Thunder Start Page. You can also open it from the Sitefinity Explorer - it is the last icon which you can see in your screenshot. I would highly recommend checking it out for more information about Thunder. We are currently working on making pretty much all of Thunder's functionality available from there as well.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

All the best,
Marin Atanasov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Jan-2013 00:00

Hey guys,
  Can you comment on the ability to deep link (as a concept)?  Like not registering toolbox widgets, but more like me needing to add sidebar items on a slow server...click....wait....click....wait....click...wait

www.sitefinity.com/.../filtering_dynamic_content_items_in_the_backend_grid_by_workflow_status

Administration -> Advanced -> DynamicModules ->
Telerik.Sitefinity.DynamicTypes.Model.CustomModule.CustomContentType
-> Views -> CustomContentTypebackendList -> Sidebar ->
Sections -> Filters -> Items

It'd be nice to give someone a link to there and\or bookmark it

Steve

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Feb-2013 00:00

Hello Steve,

The mentioned request is a valid one, we have had it as a PITS item for a while, you can track its status and vote for it here.

Greetings,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Feb-2013 00:00

sidetracking a bit here: Is PITS purchaseable as an  add-on for sitefinity? or is there an add-on that works like it/uservoice/etc?

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Feb-2013 00:00

No it's not...and why would you want to burden your users with that horrible UI anyway! :)

Teampulse feedback portal is their new standard I think: www.telerik.com/.../feedback-portal.aspx

Otherwise you could create a sitefinity module builder custom type to just create your own feedback collection module.

This thread is closed