Search Index options to index text from content blocks

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 15:38

Search Index options to index text from content blocks

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Jan-2013 00:00

Can't seem to figure out how to make the sitefinity search functionality to index content inside content blocks...

Is it possible with the out-of-the-box features ?

What does "Static HTML" mean ?

I just get hits when the "searchQuery" in in the Meta Fields...

Another issue that could be brought up, is that it only hits complete words and does not do "contains", I guess this is standard Lucene behavior... :(

P.S. Searching in the forums seems to not work...

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Feb-2013 00:00

Hello Ernesto,

The purpose of the "Static HTML" option you mentioned is exactly what you want to achieve. It will index the html output on the page. Since content blocks render a div with content, this option will index the content of the content blocks on the pages, as well.

As for the search, since we're using Lucene as a search engine, you can perform Wildcard search, as well as fuzzy search.

Regards,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Nov-2013 00:00

Hi,
i am facing the same issue with "Search Index options to index text from content blocks"  (for sitefinity 6.0.4210.0)and i am doing below setting for resolving this issue.. 
1)first i create on simple page by using our normal template(don't containing any complicated structure)
2)taken content block on the same, edited that, and put text "Myhomepage" on that. put this keyword in keyword section(titles and property )
3)Advaced setting for the same.(snapshotattched).
4)reindexed my search index.
after all it should search "Myhomepage" keyword but it's throwing error below:

exception:
Sequence contains no matching element
could you please suggest me correct way for the same as its on high priority?

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Nov-2013 00:00

Anyone ?

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Nov-2013 00:00

Hello Neha,

The settings you have already done are correct. In addition you need to add also 'Keywords' in the advanced settings of your Search index. To do so you need to go on:
Administration > Search Indexes > <your search index> > Advances section, add 'Keywords'.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Nov-2013 00:00

Hi Svetoslav ,

thanks a lot for your response. let me try this hope it should work.
is it correct way to put each and every keyword to "titles and property section" ?
as i had done in second step of my post i.e.
2)taken content block on the same, edited that, and put text
"Myhomepage" on that. put this keyword in keyword section(titles and
property )
  as it can be hectic work to putting all bundles of keywords all of my website.

is it feasible way to do the same for searching the content of content block?

thanks in advance!

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Nov-2013 00:00

Hello,

You need to put a keywords of each page that you want to be indexed (and re-index after each newly added indexes on it).

When content block (news, events, etc) need to be indexed - their main page should be defined in the Search index.

More information about the Search index could be found in the Sitefinity documentation.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

This thread is closed