Status of the Marketplace

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 22:09

Status of the Marketplace

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Feb-2013 00:00

I'm curious if you (Telerik) have any higher ambitions for the Marketplace? It appears Sitefinity 3.x had gained some traction but 4-5x hasn't had much success for plugins, even the ability to comment has been removed with the Sitefinity website upgrade.

I'm very happy my company chose Sitefinity as our flagship CMS. In the last few years everything has matured rather nicely from 4.0-5.3, including the features, bugs and documentation. One of my convincing arguments for Sitefinity in 2011 was the Marketplace and my company agreed. Fast forward to now and it appears to be one of the last sore spots that has yet to be addressed. So I'm curious, is it going to continue on as-is, or will there be a push in the future...perhaps with 6.0?

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Feb-2013 00:00

Hello Mark,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding the markeplace module.

We do plan to improve the marketplace, however I cannot tell for sure when the overhaul will happen. We have identified the major usability issues and are planning out the work ahead. 

As a mater of fact the are a number of new submissions happening each week and you can notice that in the main pages for add-ons, themes and other extensions. So from the perspective of markeplace publishers and items we have some steady progress.

All the best,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed