Roadmap for the SF forum module

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 18:21

Roadmap for the SF forum module

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Feb-2013 00:00

Are there any plans to add features to the forums module in SF 5.x? It provides only basic functionality. I'd like to see signatures, emoticons, etc. that forums users seem to expect. I'm running SF 5.1 and have looked at the release notes for 5.2 and 5.3 and there have not been any new features.

I agree. Also add private messaging please.

I agree as well. We would love to have more advanced forum module.

Good/Advanced forum module can add a lot of value to sitefinity when compared to other CMS.

Regards,

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Feb-2013 00:00

Can someone from Sitefinity reply?

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Feb-2013 00:00

Still waiting for an answer...

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Feb-2013 00:00

Me too. I'm afraid this could take a while...

What also needs to be corrected is the way forum update emails work: right now people can get an email for each and every new post in a forum. Hardly anyone wants to receive that many emails. There should be an email digest option associated with the user account, where the user can choose how often he wants an email with an overview of the activity in all or some forums.

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Feb-2013 00:00

Hello everyone,

Thnak you for sharing with us your constructive feedback on the Forums module.

The roadmap for Sitefinity 6.0 has already been set, and is published on our site.

The development plans for the upcoming release are set in motion, so we're not able to commit to implementing the below mentioned requests for the 6.0 release, but we'll definitely see if we can squeeze some of them in.
In any case these would be taken into consideration for the upcoming releases.
I've also logged them in PITS so you can keep track of their status:

Emoticons
Signature
Digestion

All the best,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Jul-2013 00:00

I just checked PITS and there are only 3 items with an open status.  Is Telerik still using PITS?

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Jul-2013 00:00
This thread is closed