v4.4 upgrade to 5.1 FlatTaxon.svc missing

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 21:14

v4.4 upgrade to 5.1 FlatTaxon.svc missing

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Feb-2013 00:00

I recently upgraded from version 4.4 to 5.1 and now when I'm editing a module item to add/edit the categories and tags aren't loading (I'm actually receiving a blank alert box). I traced it to the two attached images. 

I'm not sure why this service is no longer there when all of the others are

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Feb-2013 00:00

Hi Miles,

Thanks for using Sitefinity!

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with your upgrade project. If you navigate through your project folders ~/Sitefinity/Services/Taxonomies/FlatTaxon.svc do you see the physical file in your project? Can you try replacing it with one out of a fresh installation of 5.1. Is this the only thing awry with your upgrade?

Let me know of any further developments in your problem. I'd be happy to help.

Kind regards,
Patrick Dunn
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Feb-2013 00:00

Hey Patrick,

I replaced the FlatTaxon.svc with the file you were talking about (attached) but it's just a place holder file. I think the issue has to do with the internal code but I'm not sure where to start to try to get that corrected

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Feb-2013 00:00

Hello Miles,

As you can see from the service hosting, the actual logic is implemented in the precompiled assemblies that are distributed with each Sitefinity project, so the service class should always be there, as long as you have the Telerik.Sitefinity.dll present and referenced in your project.

All the best,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Feb-2013 00:00

Hi Boyan,

I've created a fresh v5.1 installation of Sitefinity on my local machine and then copied the Telerik.Sitefinity.dll in the BIN directory into my website's BIN directory and the issue was part-way corrected (or I just didn't check this before). 

Currently, if I do anything with a tag, the information is loaded and saved correctly. But if I do anything with the categories, I receive the error mentioned above. I am able to go into the back-end to look at the Category/Hierarchical information with no issue. 

Attached is the information for my DLL and below is the full URL that the system is trying to pull from for the service. I did notice that there's a new "universal timestamp parameter" being sent to the service that wasn't there before (I think?). 

Also, I searched the database for the ID that the service is filtering on and was not able to find that GUID (20091ae69f-f68d-4a70-9543-299106dbb67d) in the entire database. When I went to the sf_taxonomies table, the ID for the Categories record was E5CD6D69-1543-427B-AD62-688A99F5E7D4. Should that GUID be used instead and if so, how do I change that current setting?

dev.hamiltonfht.ca/.../

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Mar-2013 00:00

Also, I looked to see what the tag control was doing with the service and noticed that it was just passing along the GUID of the taxonomy to get the information back. So I did that with the tag GUID and it returned all of the tags. I did this with the category GUID and it returned the following:

"Context":null,"IsGeneric":false,"Items":[],"TotalCount":0

~/Sitefinity/Services/Taxonomies/FlatTaxon.svc/E5CD6D69-1543-427B-AD62-688A99F5E7D4

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Mar-2013 00:00

Hello Miles,

Thnak you for the additional clarification.

Please note that Sitefinity distinguished between Flat(Tags) and Hierarchical(categories) taxonomies on API level, thus the services for operating with this type of data are different - the Hierarchicataxonomy service is located in /Sitefinity/Services/Taxonomies/HierarchicalTaxon.svc

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Mar-2013 00:00

So is this why all of the built in modules aren't working in version 5.1? Because when I try to add a category to an item (news, blog, list, anything built in), it tries to hit the FlatTaxon.svc.

This is a pretty major bug for version 5.1 since it effects multiple modules.

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Mar-2013 00:00

Hi Miles,

That behavior is very strange, actually it's the first time we're receiving similar report for a Sitefinity version.

Can you please verify if you have not implemented some UrlRewriting, or mapped an external template that contains a ContentSelector which explicitly points to the FlatTaxon.svc? Please ntoe that ourt of the box the HierarchicaltaxonSelector (the control used for listing and handling the selection of Category items) points to the HierarchicaltaxonService as follows:

<%@ Register TagPrefix="telerik" Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI" TagPrefix="sitefinity" %>

<sitefinity:ResourceLinks id="resourcesLinks" runat="server">
    <sitefinity:ResourceFile Name="Styles/Treeview.css" />
    <sitefinity:ResourceFile Name="Styles/Window.css" />
</sitefinity:ResourceLinks>

<div class="sfChooseList">
    <asp:Label id="selectorTitle" runat="server"></asp:Label>

<ul id="rootSelector" runat="server" class="sfRadioList">
        <li>
            <asp:RadioButton ID="rootRadio" runat="server" Checked="true" GroupName="rootSelector" />
            <asp:Label ID="rootRadioLabel" runat="server" AssociatedControlID="rootRadio"></asp:Label>
        </li>
        <li>
            <asp:RadioButton ID="taxaRadio" runat="server" GroupName="rootSelector" />
            <asp:Label ID="taxaRadioLabel" runat="server" AssociatedControlID="taxaRadio"></asp:Label>
        </li>
    </ul>

<div id="treePanel" runat="server">
        <telerik:RadTreeView id="taxaTree" runat="server"
            ShowLineImages="false"
            CheckBoxes="true"
            Skin="Sitefinity"
            ExpandAnimation-Type="None"
            CollapseAnimation-Type="None" />
        <sitefinity:RadTreeBinder
            id="taxaTreeBinder"
            runat="server"
            ServiceUrl="~/Sitefinity/Services/Taxonomies/HierarchicalTaxon.svc/0/"
            ServiceChildItemsBaseUrl="~/Sitefinity/Services/Taxonomies/HierarchicalTaxon.svc/subtaxa/"
            ServicePredecessorBaseUrl="~/Sitefinity/Services/Taxonomies/HierarchicalTaxon.svc/predecessor/"
            TargetId="taxaTree"
            ParentDataKeyName="ParentTaxonId"
            DataKeyNames="Id"
            DataMembers="Title"
            BindOnLoad="false">
            <Containers>
                <sitefinity:BinderContainer runat="server" RenderContainer="false">
                   <span> Title </span>
                   <span class="sf_binderLocalization_showIfLanguageUnavailable">($LocalizationResources, NotTranslated$)</span>
                </sitefinity:BinderContainer>
            </Containers>
        </sitefinity:RadTreeBinder>
    </div>
    <asp:LinkButton ID="createTaxonButton" runat="server" OnClientClick="return false;" CssClass="sfCreateTaxonBtn"></asp:LinkButton>
    <asp:LinkButton ID="doneButton" runat="server" OnClientClick="return false;" CssClass="sfLinkBtn sfChange">
        <strong class="sfLinkBtnIn"><asp:Literal runat="server" ID="Literal1" Text="<%$Resources:Labels, Done %>" /></strong>
    </asp:LinkButton>
</div>

<telerik:RadWindow id="newTaxonDialog" runat="server"
        Skin="Sitefinity"
        Behaviors="Close"
        AutoSizeBehaviors="Width,Height"
        VisibleTitlebar="true"
        VisibleStatusbar="false"
        Modal="true"
        Width="395"
        ShowContentDuringLoad="false"
        Height="250">
</telerik:RadWindow>

<script type="text/javascript">
    var updateClientState = Telerik.Web.UI.RadWebControl.prototype.updateClientState;
    Telerik.Web.UI.RadTreeView.prototype.updateClientState = function ()
        updateClientState.apply(this, arguments);
        var clientStateField = $get(this.get_clientStateFieldID());
        clientStateField.value = clientStateField.value.replace(/</ig, "<");

</script>

Greetings,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

This thread is closed