Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 13:24

Sitefinity 5.4 upgrade error

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Feb-2013 00:00

Has anyone come accross the error. See pic attached. I upgraded from 5.3 to 5.4

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Feb-2013 00:00

Hello,

Please go to your 5.4 installation's _EmptyProject->bin folder (or create a new blank project through the project manager) and copy the Telerik.Sitefinity.Resources.dll file to your project's bin folder.

Greetings,
Pavel Benov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Feb-2013 00:00

My projects Telerik. Sitefinity.Resources.dll file had the same modification date as the empty projects. Nonetheless, I still replaced it and it did not get rid of the error. I currently have the 5.4.4.000.0.

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Feb-2013 00:00

Any answers please? I refuse to upgrade my production server with build errors due to these errors.

I have tried  to use the 5.4 hotfix version of the telerik.sitefinity. resources dll, and it still produced same errors.

thanks

Dear Nana

Did you do this?

Open you project in Visual Studio and perform the following:

1. Open the context menu of References and click Add Reference...
  2. Click tab Browse and open your project’s bin folder.
  3. Select the following .dll files and click OK:Telerik.WebTestRunner.Server.dllTelerik.Sitefinity.PrecompiledTemplates.dllRecompile your solution.

Markkus

Yes I followed instructions on the upgrade page to the T

I opened up the Telerik.Sitefinity.PrecompiledTempates DLL. there is no class for  these two below but they are in the templates folder. Probably why its generating an error.

Telerik.Sitefinity.Resources.Templates.Frontend.Security.RegistrationConfirmationEmail

Telerik.Sitefinity.Resources.Templates.Frontend.Security.RegistrationSuccessEmail

Please let me know if this is fixable or I should just stay with 5.3 because I really need to upgrade production by COB tommorow

Thank you

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Feb-2013 00:00

Hello.. anything please?

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Feb-2013 00:00

I confirm, here is some issue with

Telerik.Sitefinity.Resources.Templates.Frontend.Security.RegistrationConfirmationEmail
Telerik.Sitefinity.Resources.Templates.Frontend.Security.RegistrationSuccessEmail

I get same errors on clean 5.4 installation. I use VS2012.

So far I just ignore them. But this is not right and annoying.

Denis.

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Feb-2013 00:00

Hi guys,

I have tested both scenarios - creating a new 5.4 project and upgrading one 5.3 to 5.4, but I could not reproduce the issues you are experiencing on VS 2012. Everything build up OK without errors.

Try and remove the Templates folder from your project folder. Then reference the 2 dlls as per step 6 from the Documentation and Build the solution.

If you are still experiencing any problems I would advise to open up a support ticket and send us your files.

Kind regards,
Pavel Benov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Feb-2013 00:00

Pavel,

Thank you for the reply.
I think it depends on how you create solution.
First time, I created new website, opened VS, opened this websites manually and saved solution.
Second time, I created new website, clicked "Open in VS" from sitefinity manager and saved solution.

Second approach worked as expected without any errors. Interesting that resulted solutions are different (see attached pic).

Thanks. Denis.

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Feb-2013 00:00

Hello Denis,

Thank you for the sharing your observations. The Templates folder should not be there in the first place. It is a leftover from an internal build and there is no need for it, so you can safely remove it from your projects. We apologize for the inconvenience this might have caused.

Regards,
Pavel Benov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed