Automatic email notification to person submitting a form

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 21:43

Automatic email notification to person submitting a form

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Feb-2013 00:00

I'm just starting to learn Forms module.  I see that there is a way to set up notifications for backend users who subscribe to  specific forms (Setup email notification for form responses).

But what I'm really interested in is ability to email a confirmation to the person who is submitting the form itself (assuming that there is an "email" textbox on the form capturing the person's email address, of course).  Is there anything like that already built in?

One simple example would be event registration (talking about free events/webinars, etc.... no payment necessary).  A user submits name and email, and the system emails the user with submitted information as a form of confirmation.

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Feb-2013 00:00

Hi Marko,

There is an add-on available on the MarketPlace that extends the public Forms Widget, so that you can decide whether the form submitter receives a confirmation, the admin receives a confirmation and some other options. It comes with sourcecode, so it is quite easy to adjust.

This is the link to this widget. Instructions are included.
Forms Module Notification

You probably have to rebuild the project against your own Sitefinity installation.

Kind regards,
Daniel

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Feb-2013 00:00

Thanks, Daniel!  This sounds like the right tool for the job.  I will take a closer look when I get a chance.  for now, I'm just testing the waters with Forms module, before I start recommending it for my users.  I believe once of the first things they asked, when I mentioned about this feature, was whether registrants would receive email confirmations.  :-)

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Feb-2013 00:00

Hi Marko,

IN addition to what Daniel pointed out, there's also an ability to extend the out of the box Forms widget and plug in to the event that fires up after clicking the submit button - this would allow you to implement custom email notifications as well. I hope you might find this blog post on the topic useful

All the best,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Feb-2013 00:00

Just hitchiking on this topic while it's hot - I'm also looking at email notifications for forms. I'm using the form module to setup a Quote Request form. Specifically, I want to have an email notification with all the form's data sent to a specific email address. Of course I looked here. It's probably silly, but I'm not really sure what data to enter at step 1C. 

Can I just enter any email address I want in DefaultSenderEmailAddress?

Where can I find the Host and Port info? Is that the info for the address the form data should be sent to? In this case, it's our company's main info mailbox, so should I check in Outlook?

Will this send all the form's data in the email or do I need to perform extra steps to get that done? 

Thanks for your help!

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Feb-2013 00:00

Hello Bob,

The DefaultSenderEmailAddress will be used as the From: address for sending out the emails with form notifications, so yes, you can fill it in with any existing email address (existing, because some SMTP servers or mail providers verify whether the address used is valid or not).

For the Host and port - these are your SMTP server settings, and depend on which SMTP or mail service you're using - Sitefinity just needs this information so it can use this SMTP for sending out the emails.

Yes, the whole Form data is being sent, no additional configuration is needed, as by default we send the complete form.

Kind regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Nov-2013 00:00

The page above for the Forms Module Notification shows how to enter email addresses to submit the form to.  Does it allow you to send it to the person submitting the form by selecting which field to use?

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Nov-2013 00:00

Hi Bart,

Yes, it allows you to enter the fieldname which points to the emailaddress of the person who submits the form. Although it has been a while I worked with this.

If you can't find it, let me know. I'm sure I have a modified version somewhere that does this functionality.

Kind regards,
Daniel

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Dec-2015 00:00

hi Daniel, is this plugin compatible with SiteFinity 8.1? I haven't found anything out there other than this that solves my problem exactly.

This thread is closed