5.4 Hotfix

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 22:14

5.4 Hotfix

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Feb-2013 00:00

I need to know it running an upgrade on a new 5.4 website using the hot fix patched Project Manager or will this require any other manual changes to configurations and files?

I don't want to waste time like a normal upgrade if this update only changed a few files and the project manager is doing the complete job of doing everything needed in the upgrade.  

If there are manual changes to be made can someone post a list to make it go quicker?

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Feb-2013 00:00

Hi Bill,

You can just use the Sitefinity Project Manager to upgrade your project. If you have side projects, be sure they are upgraded to. Better point them to the \bin directory of your Sitefinity project.

I always run through my solution to find the old version number and replace it with the new one (5.4.4010.0) because sometimes UserControls or Modules have hard-coded version numbers, but you can update them easily.

So, no big deal with this hotfix.

Kind regards,
Daniel

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Feb-2013 00:00

Does any one know what the hotfix is for? The sites that I have upgraded, do I really need to apply the fix?

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Feb-2013 00:00

Hi Darrin,

A 'bug' within the Sitefinity Sitemap was fixed. Maybe some other things, but this was the issue for my websites.

Kind regards,
Daniel

This thread is closed