Delete Content Type

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 00:32

Delete Content Type

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Feb-2013 00:00

How does one go about deleting/removing a content type from a custom module (that was built using the module builder). I can't seem to find where this is done in the admin page...

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Feb-2013 00:00

In "Administration -> Backend pages." I can delete the page that was created so that it no longer appers in the sitemap (under Content)..however, the 'Content Type' still exists when you go to modify the Module (under Module Builder). What gives?

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Mar-2013 00:00

Hi Rico,

As far as I know, deleting ContentTypes from a Dynamic module is not possible (yet).
Maybe Sitefinity can give us some code-snippet on how to savely remove a ContentType from a given Dynamic module?

Kind regards,
Daniel

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Mar-2013 00:00

Hello,

There is no way to delete a content type of module built with the module builder, even if all configuration for this type are deleted and pages removed. The removal of pages can solve the problem to make the module unacessible and if this type will no longer be used.

Regards,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Dec-2013 00:00

Is there a workaround?

Thanks,
Michael

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Dec-2013 00:00

Hello Michael,

At this point we do not have such functionality built in the product. We are aware of the need for exposing it and will be investigating the possibilities of implementing it for one of our upcoming releases.

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed