edit template layout element issue

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 06:29

edit template layout element issue

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Feb-2013 00:00

Hi All,
Sorry if this question has already been asked, I’m having issue with edit layout element. i’m trying  to change a width on one of the element on my template, but every time I click on Layout – then click on edit on the element nothing happen. It should take me to the “Edit Layout Element” where I can sizes, spaces and classes of this. but this doesnt happen, attach is screen shot of this

Cheers

Sop

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Mar-2013 00:00

Hello Sop,

Have you tried to inspect the page with Firebug for example? If not please do so and check the Console and Network tabs for any errors or failed requests. 

Kind regards,
Pavel Benov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Mar-2013 00:00

Hi Pavel,
thanks for your reply, this is the error i got when i check the Console and Network tabs:

TypeError: $(...).imgAreaSelect is not a function
      else  $(pane).imgAreaSelect(options);

and when i click on it, it take me into line 302 of that code: Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.Scripts.LayoutEditor.debug.js

302: else $(pane).imgAreaSelect(options);

not sure what i should do after this.

Sop

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Mar-2013 00:00

Hello Sop,

It appears that some custom Javascript is conflicting with Sitefinity's one. Try removing some of your script on the page/template or the .master page to see if it will help.

Kind regards,
Pavel Benov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jun-2013 00:00

I was having this same issue and the only javascript on the page was jQuery 1.9.1 which was called just before the closing form tag. When I removed the jQuery file the issue went away.

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Jun-2013 00:00

Hello Michael,

Some of the built in widgets automatically import Jquery on the page they are dropped on and so if you have additionally added the library with the Javascript widget this might have caused the issue. You can try to reference Jquery from the Title&Properties of the page in the HTML included in the <head> tag (except title, keywords, description) field.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Pavel Benov
Telerik

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Jun-2013 00:00

Thanks Pavel. I haven't been able to get back to the project this was happening on, but I am guessing the best way to fix this problem is by calling the built-in jquery with a ScriptReference instead of calling a local jquery file or calling it from an API.

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Jun-2013 00:00

Hello Michael,

Another suitable solution would be to use ResourceLinks as described in this blog post

Regards,
Pavel Benov
Telerik

This thread is closed