Twitter App not accepting credentials

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 21:12

Twitter App not accepting credentials

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Mar-2013 00:00

I am trying to add a Twitter app and it wont accept the consumer and secret key, it says that the credentials are wrong and wont save the data?

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Apr-2014 00:00

Hi,

I am running into the same problem with a v6.3. Have you been able to solve the issue back then?

Thanks!

Andrew

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Apr-2014 00:00

Hello Andrew,

I have replied in your support ticket, but will share my answer with the community in case someone needs it:

To enable feeding content to a Twitter account you please follow this article - Twitter.

After you connect your twitter account to the Sitefinity application you should setup an active twitter feed. 
Make sure that you mapped your Twitter application and the user to use.

For your convenience I decided to recorded a video how I am setting the Twitter feed from scratch (video)

Regards,
Vassil Vassilev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jun-2015 00:00

Hello,

I am using Sitefinity 8 and have followed these steps and the twitter feed is not displaying any tweets, how can this be debugged?

Thanks,

Thomas

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Jun-2015 00:00

Hi Thomas,

Can you please make sure that you have properly configured Twitter in Sitefinity and have registered Twitter Application. Please refer to the following article for more details about this:

Configure Twitter in Sitefinity

You may also refer to the following article for more details about the Twitter feed widget.:

Twitter Feed widget

In addition to this, if you would like to display tweets on your Sitefinity website, you can also try to use the Twitter widget. I am sending attached a short video for your convenience demonstrating this.

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed