AJAX

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 01:53

AJAX

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Mar-2013 00:00

Starting this thread on AJAX and single or few page websites.

What do we have for options with Sitefinity at this time?

I am so tired of having to load another page to change out just a few generic content blocks.

I am looking for advice, examples, links to information etc.

I would love to see this tackled in the SDK with a real working example.

I am fine with loading an entirely new page if it is completely different but when you are only changing a few content blocks it is just ridiculous. 

Any assistance appreciated thank you.

Can you elaborate on what you need?  The post seems very generic, perhaps a scenario?

Remember this post: Advanced -radxmlhttppanel

I want to have Sitefinity navigation trigger update panels on a page to change to the content reflecting that page and have the url in the address bar follow along like you see everywhere now. 

Clicking Contact us doesn't take you to a contactus page one would create by creating a new page in the backend it would show in the url \contactus but the page would really be the main page of the site, only the main left content panel updates with the contact us form and another panel updates to show the location map, etc.  Ajax panels are used all over Teleriks site and now we are seeing some of it in the backend.  I want to be able to drag on to a page an update panel and assign content to that panel based navigation and not have the navigation change pages but trigger the panels to display the assigned content. 

Also it would be nice to have a panel automatically every minute pull the next news article or the next image slide in a library with json instead of pulling every image in the library on page load as well.

Right now I am very hopeful of getting a few things going with the Falafel Tornado and jquery ajax

This thread is closed