SSO

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 01:56

SSO

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Mar-2013 00:00

Where is Sitefinity and the developer community  now with respect to SSO, front end claims based authentication, front end social networking authentication.

Any information would be helpful thank you

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Mar-2013 00:00

Hello,

Please review the following two articles where you will find useful information regarding setting up SSO with claims-based authentication or windows authentication depending on your choice:

Claims-based authentication:
http://www.sitefinity.com/documentation/documentationarticles/setting-up-sso-with-claims-based-authentication
Windows authentication:
http://www.sitefinity.com/documentation/documentationarticles/setting-up-sso-with-windows-authentication

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Mar-2013 00:00

This has always appeared to me as single sign on between two Sitefinity sites which is not at all what I want.  I want to be able to do single sign on with other partner sites which are most likely not going to be Sitefinity sites.  Most sites use  SAML, Liberty Alliance, WS Federation or Shibboleth or now Adobe's ADEP.  Sitefinity is using WS Federation so one would hope you could setup an SSO relationship between Sitefinity and another partner using WS Federation claims-based authentication.  I would want to be able to set up this relationship with applications using SAML, Liberty Alliance, WS Federation, Shibboleth or ADEP not just WS Federation if that is possible.

I think SSO conversations never go far on the forum's and the blog's because it is always assumed that the only need for it would be to have SSO between Sitefinity sites and even then for administration never any focus on front end users registering to gain access to content. 

For front end users I think social networking authentication SSO would be very useful.

https://github.com/svetlay

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Mar-2013 00:00

Hello Bill,

In the feature there will be an integration with the most popular public authentication providers. Please see the feature request in PITS on the following URL.

I also found a forum that might be useful in your case. Please review it. 

All the best,
Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Aug-2013 00:00

Hey Bill,

If you're looking for a useful non-Sitefinity STS, I've forked IdentityServer to be compatible with Sitefinity. You can check out the source on GitHub here, and my blog post about here. It works with the latest version of Sitefinity.

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Aug-2013 00:00

Hello,

Thank you for sharing the additional resources with the community. 

Regards,
Atanas Valchev
Telerik

This thread is closed