Data import

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 02:16

Data import

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Mar-2013 00:00

Is anyone willing to provide their means of importing CSV data into custom modules.  It looks to me that the custom modules are storing all of their data in one table which could be updated inside or outside of Sitefinity.

I think Telerik and the Sitefinity team needs to address import and export of data.  I remember I was excited to see the module builder had export but then extremely disappointed there was no import.  Why anyone at Telerik would ever consider that acceptable in anyway is a mystery to me.

I am at the point now after the last hotfix upgrade that I want all data exportable and importable in Sitefinity so we can all just start over fresh each time for the most part and just import the data, shut down the live site and replace it with the new.  To really pull that off with themes and templates etc.  the skills of the 3.7 to import team could get Sitefinity to a point where it would not be such a hell to do. 

On a positive note Walking Dead is recording right now, need about 30 minutes recorded before watching to skip the commercials but well worth the wait.

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Mar-2013 00:00

+50 to this...I have encountered crazy borked data from doing the import myself (even using the provided code samples for creating items).

Community needs an IMPORT if EXPORT is provided

"It looks to me that the custom modules are storing all of their data in
one table which could be updated inside or outside of Sitefinity"

Yes and no...it creates a new table for the custom fields you make, but the common stuff like the urlname are in a shared table for all the types...also if you add any sort of guid[] field that creates a join table.

This thread is closed