Radcontrols and Kendo UI

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 02:42

Radcontrols and Kendo UI

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Mar-2013 00:00

I have been chained good or bad to Sitefinity since 2008.  I imagine the same love hate relationship we are all in if we are here.

Radcontrols and now Kendo UI included with Sitefinity you know it does sound great and it is great marketing.  To this day I have never seen anyone publicly display much use beyond a half a dozen active developers who generously post modules and widgets to the marketplace and often free thankfully which we all appreciate.

If you spend ten minutes on Telerik Ajax Radcontrols demo page you first notice the beautiful use of AJAX so every link you click isn't shooting you off to wait for another page to load.  Second you wonder why these awesome widgets are not in the toolbox in Sitefinity.  The third thing you get hit with is what a complete mess the copy this code system is which is accompanied by a long tutorial on how to convert the mess into a working example that only the desperate or insane would waste hours of their life to try and use which makes it pretty much worthless to the average Sitefinity user. 

Beyond a small rant, my real question is 

why isn't some of that already developed bliss not in the toolbox? 

Same goes for the Kendo website which seems almost designed to talk you into moving on, simply beautiful.  Same question why isn't some of that already developed bliss not in the toolbox?

Anyone willing to admit losing hours of their life trying to use one of those demos in a project?

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Mar-2013 00:00

Hi Bill,

Thank you for your feedback.

Basically in Sitefinity we provide you with the ability to use the actual tools - RadControls for example to build your own Sitefinity controls. The demos on the other hand, they are addressing specific scenarios, by using that controls, which however are not applicable for everybody. Still, in Sitefinity our widgets are based on the RadControls, which you can look at by checking the templates from the SDK. There are also numerous samples of using the controls in the SDK starter kits and samples.

Kind regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed