Load Balancing not expiring page cache

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 11:46

Load Balancing not expiring page cache

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Mar-2013 00:00

I configured the Sitefinity load balancing addon per the instructions in the link below (not using claims based authentication, so only first six steps). When I make changes to a page on one web server, the second web server doesn't display the changes.

I'm using URLs of http://web01/ which aren't available publicly, could that be the issue? If you're on one of the web servers, network names like web01 and web02 bring up the web servers. I assume the cache invalidation is being triggered from the server and not by the client, right? If it were the client then web01 and web02 wouldn't work and we'd need publicly available names, but I figure these are calls made by the backend, so I would imagine this would work.

I opened Fiddler locally and on the web server to see if I could see any HTTP traffic saying to invalidate the cache and didn't see anything.

So where should I start looking?

Thanks,
Eric

www.sitefinity.com/.../configuring-sitefinity-for-load-balancing

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Apr-2013 00:00

Hello Eric,

Would it be possible to try using the IPs of the servers in the Load Balancing urls. That way you will avoid these problems. Keep fiddler running, if everything is configured correctly, there should be a message to invalidate the cache. In addition to that, please, clear the error logs from the App_Data/Sitefinity/Logs folder. Test by making a change and check for a log file. If it was generated, it will contain information regarding possible problems.

Kind regards,
Atanas Valchev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Apr-2013 00:00

I switched to IPs. I don't see anything in Fiddler, but Error.log has new entries. I made the change from WEB03 (10.15.5.22). Could it be the space in the cookie name ".SFAUTH-Main Site"? And if so, how do i change that?

----------------------------------------
Timestamp: 4/2/2013 3:42:08 PM

Message: HandlingInstanceID: 037b0824-fdc8-4546-8d0d-c1478491910c
An exception of type 'System.Exception' occurred and was caught.
----------------------------------------------------------------
04/02/2013 11:42:08
Type : System.Exception, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
Message : Error sending system message to URL: http://10.15.5.21/Sitefinity/Services/LoadBalancing/SystemWebService.svc/HandleMessage; HTTP method: PUT; Host: null
Source :
Help link :
Data : System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal
TargetSite :
Stack Trace : The stack trace is unavailable.
Additional Info:

MachineName : WEB03
TimeStamp : 4/2/2013 3:42:08 PM
FullName : Telerik.Sitefinity.Utilities, Version=5.4.4010.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563
AppDomainName : /LM/W3SVC/2/ROOT-1-130093651050621235
ThreadIdentity : myUser
WindowsIdentity : myDomain\websiteUser
    Inner Exception
    ---------------
    Type : System.Net.CookieException, System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
    Message : The 'Name'='.SFAUTH-Main Site' part of the cookie is invalid.
    Source : System
    Help link :
    TargetSite : Void set_Name(System.String)
    Stack Trace :    at System.Net.Cookie.set_Name(String value)
       at Telerik.Sitefinity.LoadBalancing.WebServiceSystemMessageSender.Authenticate(HttpWebRequest request)
       at Telerik.Sitefinity.LoadBalancing.WebServiceSystemMessageSender.InvokeWebMethod(String url, String httpMethod, Byte[] data)

Category: ErrorLog
Priority: 0
EventId: 9010
Severity: Warning
Title:Enterprise Library Exception Handling
Machine: WEB03
App Domain: /LM/W3SVC/2/ROOT-1-130093651050621235
ProcessId: 4784
Process Name: c:\windows\system32\inetsrv\w3wp.exe
Thread Name:
Win32 ThreadId:5020
Extended Properties:
Timestamp: 4/2/2013 3:42:08 PM

Message: HandlingInstanceID: 9492f431-7ac3-4943-bdcd-9a9e4e3dbe98
An exception of type 'System.Exception' occurred and was caught.
----------------------------------------------------------------
04/02/2013 11:42:08
Type : System.Exception, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
Message : Error sending system message to URL: http://10.15.5.22/Sitefinity/Services/LoadBalancing/SystemWebService.svc/HandleMessage; HTTP method: PUT; Host: null
Source :
Help link :
TargetSite :
Stack Trace : The stack trace is unavailable.
Additional Info:

MachineName : WEB03
TimeStamp : 4/2/2013 3:42:08 PM
FullName : Telerik.Sitefinity.Utilities, Version=5.4.4010.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563
AppDomainName : /LM/W3SVC/2/ROOT-1-130093651050621235
ThreadIdentity : myUser
WindowsIdentity : myDomain\websiteUser
    Inner Exception
    ---------------
    Type : System.Net.CookieException, System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
    Message : The 'Name'='.SFAUTH-Main Site' part of the cookie is invalid.
    Source : System
    Help link :
    TargetSite : Void set_Name(System.String)
    Stack Trace :    at System.Net.Cookie.set_Name(String value)
       at Telerik.Sitefinity.LoadBalancing.WebServiceSystemMessageSender.Authenticate(HttpWebRequest request)
       at Telerik.Sitefinity.LoadBalancing.WebServiceSystemMessageSender.InvokeWebMethod(String url, String httpMethod, Byte[] data)

Category: ErrorLog
Priority: 0
EventId: 9010
Severity: Warning
Title:Enterprise Library Exception Handling
Machine: WEB03
App Domain: /LM/W3SVC/2/ROOT-1-130093651050621235
ProcessId: 4784
Process Name: c:\windows\system32\inetsrv\w3wp.exe
Thread Name:
Win32 ThreadId:5020
Extended Properties:

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Apr-2013 00:00

According to the code below (mono's implementation of Cookie?), supposedly spaces aren't permitted in the cookie name. So how do I change the name of my Sitefinity instance?

www.java2v.com/.../Cookie.cs.htm

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Apr-2013 00:00

Hi Eric,

I have answered you in your support ticket. I will repost it here.
It seems there is a problem with the cookie name in Forms Authentication. It should only be .SFAUTH.

You can change the name in Settings - Advanced - Security with the AuthCookieName field.

All the best,
Randy Hodge
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 20-May-2013 00:00

Hello Eric,

We have just updated the information in the support ticket submitted on this topic.

As you properly pointed out, the space character is not valid in the AuthCookieName  parameter, and this is a bug on our side which we'll work on fixing for the upcoming releases.

In the meantime, please update manually the value in the Administration->Settings -> Advanced -> Security and modify the AuthCookieName parameter.

All the best,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

This thread is closed