Third party services already integrated in Sitefinity

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 08:21

Third party services already integrated in Sitefinity

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Apr-2013 00:00

Hello all,

This page lists a number of integrated third party services that are integrated into Sitefinity. Where can I find more information about these services? I wonder which Sitefinity license is required to use either of them, and how to use them. Are there Sitefinity API's to help using them?

I know that Lucene Search is being used for the search widgets, and Google Analytics for the Analytics module. But what about the XE Currency API? Can anyone use it or is it just for the eCommerce module? And what about Maxmind Geolite? Is there anything in Sitefinity that helps using it? What's the difference with signing up with Maxmind and using custom code to preselect a country in a dropdown, for example?

Are there more of such services than the ones listed on that page?

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Apr-2013 00:00

Hi Arno,

The services are either services we use to provide a feature or ones that can be optionally implemented. For example PayPal is one of our Payment Providers in eCommerce. It can be interacted with using the Payment Provider API. Google Analytics is essentially the foundation of our analytics system. It's all client side and the dashboard wrapped in Silverlight. Maxmind is used by our Personalization service and can be accessed through the Personalization API methods. Lucene is the foundation of our search engine and the pipe API allows you to modify how results are indexed and displayed. XE is a part of the eCommerce license.

I cannot think of any explicitly in terms of other services - besides our additional payment providers in ECommerce such as Sage Pay, Authorize.Net, etc.

Regards,
Patrick Dunn
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed