Set language for email campaign

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 07:55

Set language for email campaign

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Apr-2013 00:00

Hi,

Is there any way to couple a language to an email campaign (or issue or mailing list)?

If not, I think the only option is to create a campaign per language? But how does SF know how to translate lists, events, news items (and so on) in the rendered and sent campaign issue?

In other words, is there any way to configure a language for an issue/campaign, so that eg. news items are rendered in the correct language?

Hi Bert,

I don't think it can be done like you propose (I would like that option though). What I have configured (not used yet) is an mailing list for each language. That allows you to send issues to the mailing list you need. Each issue needs to be customized per language. I'm not sure if there's a better way.

Hi Arno,

This is indeed a solution for content that is scoped onto that single issue. So, only content and images for that issue.

Once you add eg. News to the newsletter, I don't really see how SF can know in which translation the news needs to be rendered on the particular issue...

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Apr-2013 00:00

Hello,

We have answer you on the support ticket you have opened. I will share our answer with the community.

Actually, the Email campaigns module doesn't have a multilingual functionality, so all content items will be rendered in the default language (when you drop a widget on the page).
However, you can workaround this behavior by getting the correct language version of your items by code. For this purpose (if you're creating your Email campaigns as Web page) you can base it on a master page and display the content of your news items in some control  - let's say a label. In the code-behind of the master page, you can get the content from any culture like this:

var newsItem = App.WorkWith().NewsItems().Where(t => t.Title == "test").Get().FirstOrDefault();
var culture = "AR";
var contentSA = newsItem.GetString("Content")[culture];
LabEl.Text = contentSA;

Note that to use the extension method GetString you need a reference to Telerik.Sitefinity.Model. As you see, I'm assigning the Arabic content of my news item to a label and this way displaying it on the front-end. This is done in a master page, as prevously noted. Then the master page is used as a template for the campaign. Please refer to the attached image.

Kind regards,
Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed