Hire / Rental Functionality

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 22:19

Hire / Rental Functionality

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Apr-2013 00:00

Hi

I am looking for the following, does anyone have any suggestions please?
I have fives spaces I want to rent/hire out.
I want to create a calendar that shows availability and what’s booked in to the spaces on a daily basis for staff to see. And I want to create a calendar that shows availability for customers to see.
I want to be able to book people/companies into on a ‘from/to date’ basis and charge them for hiring each space.
Presumably one uses products for each space, but how does one interface that it is for certain dates and show availability etc?
Another quick one to throw in to the mix is that, I want a customer, in addition to book and purchase ‘from/to date’, to be able to purchase 5 days of hire of one of the options, at a reduced rate, in advance and then call off the days as required over the month. Ie Book and pay for 5 separate days hire to be taken within a 30 day period.
Presumably this is loosely based around the subscription type service, but how could one allocate that customer 5 days hire, that they then can book when they want to use them? They would need to expire 30 days after the purchase.
I also want all of the above to be able for the customer to book and pay for directly on the site.
I want to be able to set a period that the customer cannot book in advance, ie when it is less than 48hrs between then and the booking time, they will need to call and book. And also set a maximum time in advance that a space can be booked, ie can’t book any further than 30days in advance.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers
Richard

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Apr-2013 00:00

That is plenty to think about.
I would suggest you should take a look at the code form the event registration widget
github.com/.../EventsRegistrationWidget

It gives a good example of using multiple modules together to cerate a events management module.
Hopefully it gives you a few ideas.

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Apr-2013 00:00

Thanks Darrin - will do.

This thread is closed