Search Index for list items

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 09:47

Search Index for list items

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Apr-2013 00:00

Hi guys,

We are just in a switch over to Sitefinity so it is all pretty new to me, got to grips with most of it but something that is giving me grief is the search indexing.

I have a list with items in it working basically as an FAQ. On the same page I have a search box and a results box and as the FAQ list is quite long I wanted to be able to search words and terms in the search box and display links to relevant list items.

I have created the search index, selected the list, told it the default page the list is on, and added the search box and the results box. When I search it just says 0 results. I thought maybe it was because it was on the same page, so I have tried adding the same search to a blank page and it still says 0 results. For the life of me I cannot get it to search through my list items.

What am I doing wrong?

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Apr-2013 00:00

Palethorpe,

Even though you have a search index created, did you "re-index" it after you had completed making your changes to the list? Most times, re-indexing will take care of a lot of problems with content not showing up.

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Apr-2013 00:00

Hi Palethorpe,

After you reindexed, did the behavior change? You can troubleshoot the index by going to the App_Data/Sitefinity/Logs folder and deleting the files. After that run a reindex and check the generated file. If there was an issue during the reindex process, the information will be in the file. If there is indeed a problem, please attach the file so we can examine it. 

Greetings,
Atanas Valchev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed