Control Error for Sitefinity Blog

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 19:26

Control Error for Sitefinity Blog

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Apr-2013 00:00

Hi,
I'm not a Sitefinity developer, and I'm working with a site that is using quite an old version of Sitefinity.  I'm working on reinstating an old blog, and when I view the page, it throws the following error: 

A required control was not found in the template for "~/Sitefinity/ControlTemplates/Blogs/ContentViewItemList.ascx". The control must be assignable form type "System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater" and must have ID "repeater".

[TemplateException: A required control was not found in the template for "~/Sitefinity/ControlTemplates/Blogs/ContentViewItemList.ascx". The control must be assignable form type "System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater" and must have ID "repeater".]
Telerik.Cms.Web.UI.GenericContainer.ThrowException(Type requiredType, String controlId) +58
Telerik.Cms.Web.UI.GenericContainer.GetControl(String id, Boolean required) +173
Telerik.Cms.Engine.WebControls.ItemListContainer.get_RepeaterControl() +17
Telerik.Cms.Engine.WebControls.ContentView.CreateContentList() +1167
Telerik.Cms.Engine.WebControls.ContentView.CreateChildControls() +4761
Telerik.Blogs.WebControls.BlogPosts.CreateChildControls() +21
System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +87
System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +44
System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +171
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +842

I can see that the ContentViewItemList.ascx is there under the file path that it is supposed to be, as well as the resx file, but I honestly don't know what's missing or what I'm looking for to fix the error so we can view the page. The graphic editor still works properly, but as soon as you switch to the page view, the error prevents the blog from being seen. I have looked at other threads where people have had this problem, but I simply don't know what to do with the code snippet given to fix things. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Gina

This thread is closed