Alternative forums + integration

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 05:10

Alternative forums + integration

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Apr-2013 00:00

Hi, Looking into the forums and albeit it's nice, can't get past the 3 forum list. Is there an alternative forum that can be used + integrated? I know I can get any forum but then users would need to have a 2nd account and /or users would need to log in once to sitefinity and once to the forum. Is there a current solution to this?

Hi Richard,

I'm not sure what you mean by "can't get past the 3 forum list". I wouldn't recommend to use a 3th party forum. Not saying that there aren't any problems with the build in forum, there are, but I have used a 3th party forum on my site before and that's causing lots of issues as well: integrating accounts, separate upgrade paths, etc. If there are issues with the Sitefinity forum then Telerik needs to fix it.

My bad. What I mean is the forums module imposes limits on it's functionality depending on the licence you have. I'd like to not use a limited module and utilize a forum that allows limitless capabilities (ie, create more then 3 forums limited by the community licence.)

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Apr-2013 00:00

Hi Richard,

You have the ability to change your edition to Standard, Professional, Enterprise or Multisite. Then you could create unlimited forums in your Sitefinity project. For your convenience please review our full features list.

Greetings,
Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed