New Form Notification Subscriptions

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 22:50

New Form Notification Subscriptions

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Apr-2013 00:00

Hello all,

We just upgraded to SiteFinity 5.3.3900.  I figured out how to enable Form Submission email notifications.  I have a question about subscriptions though.

How can I have the form submission email be sent to multiple e-mail addresses, one of which is not a person who will ever log into the SiteFinity management back end?  We want all form submissions to go to two email addresses.  One is a user in the system who will actually use the system and create the forms, we'll call him MarketingManager and his email address is setup in his account.  We also want the emails to get sent to a generic mailbox called WebsiteEmails.  I created a User called WebsiteEmails and I can log in using that and subscribe to a form.

This method is a workaround, but it that means our MarketingManager needs to log in, create the form, subscribe himself, log out, log in as WebsiteEmails, subscribe to the form.  It's cumbersome, and I can easily see him forgetting to do the second part and add a subscription for WebsiteEmails.

Is there a place in SiteFinity where he can subscribe a different user to a form, or better yet, is there a way I can edit the Form NotificationTemplate to always include WebsiteEmails@company.com when the mail is sent?

Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Apr-2013 00:00

Hi,

You could create a custom control that will send the notifications to the user email and to the default email:

WebsiteEmails@company.com

The following blog post will help you implement your logic:

http://www.sitefinity.com/blogs/radoslav-georgievs-blog/2011/12/23/how_to_implement_notifications_for_incoming_forms_responses

All the best,
Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Apr-2013 00:00

Stefani,

Thanks for responding.  Unfortunately writing something custom like that is above my capabilities, and I'm not prepared to involve outside consultants build this functionality for us.  I was hoping to find a built in method for subscribing another user to a form, or maybe even a setting/xml config where I could add in the additional address.

It'd be great to see a central Subscriptions Management location where one person could manage all subscriptions for all users.

Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 01-May-2013 00:00

Hi Alex,

For the moment there is no built in tool in Sitefinity, which can answer to your request.

I have prepared for you an .aspx page which will help you manage all your Form notifications subscriptions. You can find it in the attached .zip file.

Here is what you should do step by step:
1. Extract the archive file in the Sitefinity folder of your SitefinityWebApp project
2. Open Visual Studio and add the .aspx page to your project
3. Build the project

In the end you'll have the page available on URL: yourdomain/.../ManageFormSubscriptions.aspx
only accessible with backend access.

It looks like this:

You will see all your forms and on selecting one of them, all notification subscriptions to it will be listed.

At the bottom you have the ability to add or remove subscriptions by e-mail. Removal will only only work for the ones that are added from this page. All clients subscriptions can not be managed from here.

Feel free to write back if there are still any concerns.

Greetings,
Boyko Nistorov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 15-May-2013 00:00

Boyko,

Thank you for this response.  It looks like it would do what we need.  Unfortunately I have no experience with working with VS Projects as I'm not a developer. I mostly just copy the files and database from one server to another.  I'll see if someone else in my company can help me with implementing this solution.

Before I do, is this type of functionality (or something similar) included in SF 6.0?

Posted by Community Admin on 20-May-2013 00:00

Hello,

This is not included in sitefinity 6.0 as out of the box functionality, the management of subscriptions to forms and sending to multiple subscribers is something that can be done trough the modifications provided in this thread.

All the best,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Dec-2013 00:00

We have a client asking for the same functionality, can you post a link to the zip file, post the code or give the table names I need to query? I see a subscr_list_id column on the sf_form_description table but its not a foreign key so I don't know where its pointing. But really it would just be nice to give an admin the ability to see who's subscribed to forms.

Thanks,

-Ben

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Dec-2013 00:00

Bump, client is getting pissed.

-Ben

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Dec-2013 00:00

Hi Ben,

Modifying the database with SQL queries directly is strictly not recommended. Sitefinity  data layer has been implemented on top of our Telerik OpenAccess ORM, which manages the relational model in the database. The only officially supported modifications for Sitefinity objects are through the officially exposed Sitefinity API.

I believe Boyko's response from 01-May-2013 provides an example of how the subscribed users to a Form can be managed, and it also contains quite useful UI which allows you to reuse it even as provided. Can you please let us knwo if you have tried it, and if it helps achieving the desired functionality?

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
Telerik

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jan-2014 00:00

In the example above, the email is added to the subscribers list.
Is there a way we first can check if the user (with an according email) allready exists, and add that user to the subscribtion list?

Something like:

01.        // Check if a user for this email exists
02.        Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Model.User user = this.userManager.GetUserByEmail(email);
04.        // Check if allready subscribed
05.    var subscriber = new SubscriberRequestProxy()
07.        Email = email,
08.        ResolveKey = email
09.    ;
10.INotificationService notificationService = SystemManager.GetNotificationService();
11.        bool hasSubscription = notificationService.IsSubscribed(this.serviceContext, this.subscriptionListId, subscriber.ResolveKey);
12.        if (!hasSubscription)
14.            // subscribe the subscriber to the form's subscriptionlist
15.            this.notificationService.Subscribe(this.serviceContext, this.subscriptionListId, subscriber);

I can't get it to work, problem is that I don't know what to use for the ResolveKey...

Kind regards,

Michel

This thread is closed